* Hughes 500 - Mh-6 : FINISHED.

speedy

Can I join in with this one. Now I've finished the Harrier, this is next so why not.

SDC10058.jpg

I intend to convert it into a MH-6, we'll see how it turns out.

Steve.

Edited by speedy

A little update from me. I've assembled the internals adding tissue paper to the seats to give them some texture. The console has been trimmed and as you can see plasticard had been added to give the curve effect. The kit part is a traditional instrument panel T look a like, but on the real thing its just a tower. I've added the bracing to the tower aka the real thing. I'll leave the collective until the body is together as the kit doesn't provide one. The holes in the rear have been filled in as this is obviously for the armament of this kit. Seat belt rails have been added. I've been to my LHS this morning and stocked up on plastic rod and a brass tube for the exhaust. Priming this afternoon and then seat belts......

SDC10059.jpg

Even though its a 1/48 kit, its tiny.

Steve.

Edited by speedy

Progress update. I've added the rotor brake and some lighting device that looks like a drinks bottle on a stick!. There also a map pocket too, made from paper mashe. Finally primed to see how it is.

SDC10070.jpg

Steve.

Edited by speedy

Todays update. I'm trimming the doors away and have added the seat belts. I've also painted the map bag and done a little dry brushing. Decal instruments need to be applied then i'll be closing it up.

SDC10073.jpg

SDC10075.jpg

Edited by speedy

Update from me. The body has now been filled and sanded, with the underneath requiring the most attention. Skids are on as is the tail, which now make it a tail sitter (hence the toothpicks). Lumps and bumps next.

SDC10078.jpg

Edited by speedy

Todays update. I've added the A frame above both doors and the antennas on either side/underneath and the spine. The surf boards and mounts have been fitted along with the grab straps. All made using plasticard and rod. I'm now working on the auxiliary fuel tank for the inside. Taking shape now and it will soon be time for primer.

SDC10079.jpg

SDC10080.jpg

SDC10081.jpg

SDC10082.jpg

SDC10096.jpg

Steve.

Edited by speedy

Well I pressed on with this one and its now finished. The kit was primed and then sprayed black with Revell Aqua colour. Its a fantastic colour and is really deep matt finish. I didn't do any preshading but just put different shades on afterwards. The auxilary fuel tank was added inside and the grab straps have been painted on the surf boards and the blades attached. I then painted the canopy frame and added the additional light, with a lense from Little-Cars positioned on the nose. Decalling is a minimum on these birds and various references show either US.ARMY and a serial number or just the serial number on the nose. So I chose this one, plus my photographic reference from a previous time show just the serial. I've picked out detail with the Tamiya pastels and added a brass tube for the exhaust. I'm really pleased with this and it looks much better than in the photos. The rope is from string and I'm not happy with it, so I will replace it with something else later. Also since these photos were taken I've tinted the top glass with Tamiya smoke.

SDC10086.jpg

SDC10096.jpg

SDC10095.jpg

SDC10093.jpg

SDC10094.jpg

SDC10092.jpg

SDC10091.jpg

SDC10090.jpg

SDC10097.jpg

SDC10098.jpg

SDC10100.jpg

SDC10103.jpg