The Britmodeller Great War Group Build

ollieholmes

If it was built during the time scale of the GB and the rules don't state that you have to do a build thread (though it's nice to see a model progressing from box to finished article) then I've no objection.

Speaking with my participant hat on and NOT my GB Moderator's hat on. I feel that this entry, albeit a very good build should not be allowed as there is no documented evidence that the build has been done during the period of the GB and has been built as part of the GB.

Now WITH my GB Moderator's hat on I recommend to the hosts that this entry is not allowed. I had to make a similar ruling on behalf of the hosts in an earlier GB. In that case there was a WIP thread but the entry was not declared until it was finished.

I feel in fairness the same ruling should apply, but I will leave it to the hosts and only make a ruling if they are in disagreement or ask me to adjudicate.

Moving on I feel that for future GB's we will need a framework of rules which will include the need to at very least have a WIP thread in the correct GB forum. But this is for a different forum.

Edited by Mish
Bad spelling

I too feel that it should not be included within any final voting, for the same reasons as Mish. If not a hard and fast rule, it is a convention within group builds to start a thread for the construction of the model.

However it's a cracking model, and see no reason why it shouldn't be included here and in the Inspiration Gallery ?

Peter

Not a problem guys. I didn't hold out much hope in the first place - I'll know better for next time.

The kit was bought locally from Plastic Pastimes so I don't even have proof that I bought it within the GB timescale. (Who keeps receipts, eh?)

Good luck to all the entrants.

I doubt that anyone disbelieves Ivan's excellent tank was built with in the GB times. I usually forget to do the obligatory box and sprue shots as i tend to work at GB from the wrong end. I look at which GB is finishing next ( not starting ) and see if I can get a kit done for it, before the next GB finishes. I think this might be the only GB that ran long enough for me to plonk a finished model in the GB and then move on to another GB and finish that one too, with this GB still running. ( although Im not 100% sure that it was ok to enter a model into two GBs at once?)

• 1 month later...

Morning all;

I was wondering whether you would allow me to put my WnW 1/32 Sopwith Pup build in the GB, It was done within the time span, the only reason I didn't declare it for the GB at the beginning of the build was because I didn't think I would have it finished before the end of July, however things have gone a bit quicker than expected and it should be finished this week, I will fully understand if you say no as I should have declared it at the beginning of my build, I wait on your decision.

Build thread Here

Cheers

Pete.

Hello Pete - since there's already a build thread and documentary evidence of the chronology of your making it, I don't really see any grounds it might be excluded - as per usual I'll be happy to be guided by other comments and points raised, but I've no objection.

Thanks mate, I'll abide by the majority decision.

• 4 weeks later...
It's over, we're waiting on Ollie posting a poll. Not sure if yur aware but Ollie is the onlu host at the moment with me helping out.

Please bear with us

Thanks Mish, I was just wondering whether it had been extended or not.