Airfix Sea Harriers FRS.1 and FA.2

NG899

12 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Is the Xtrakit/Special Hobby a good base for the FA2?Any good bits to take from the Airfix kit and place them together with an Esci/Italeri one plus ofc random stuff from the Xtrakit?

Luigi

It’s a better base than the Airfix one, but probably just as much work due to missing details. I’ve pondered cross kitting it with the ESCI, but it has a different construction so it’s not straight forward

The nose on the Airfix kit is badly shaped, as is the cockpit canopy and rear fuselage, and the wing too narrow in chord

11 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

It’s a better base than the Airfix one, but probably just as much work due to missing details. I’ve pondered cross kitting it with the ESCI, but it has a different construction so it’s not straight forward

The nose on the Airfix kit is badly shaped, as is the cockpit canopy and rear fuselage, and the wing too narrow in chord

Thanks Dave,I was thinking about picking Airfix pieces as MLG well,wheels and very few other parts and put them into the Esci one, then use Xtrakit fuselage part to make the plug as I can't find FA2 conversion for Esci Italeri kit nor the complete Heritage model.

Also what about FA2/FRS.1 wing differences can't locate key differences :-\

Luigi

2 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Thanks Dave,I was thinking about picking Airfix pieces as MLG well,wheels and very few other parts and put them into the Esci one, then use Xtrakit fuselage part to make the plug as I can't find FA2 conversion for Esci Italeri kit nor the complete Heritage model.

Also what about FA2/FRS.1 wing differences can't locate key differences :-\

Luigi

Main difference is the inner dogtooth on the FRS1 wing is replaced by a kink on the FA2. Also less vortex generators 1 per wing)

12 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Main difference is the inner dogtooth on the FRS1 wing is replaced by a kink on the FA2. Also less vortex generators 1 per wing)

I always searched that difference in the wrong place,thank you again ^^

Luigi

• Julien unpinned this topic