RAF LAARBRUCH

RAF Laarbruch

hey guys, went back here for the first time for a while,(20 ish of August) and well what a place. it is really surreal,and such a shame, anyway i took some pictures, and went to the new museum there, where we all met Ron, nice bloke, took t'other half and drank lots of wobbly and eat my body weight within two days haha,anyway enjoy the pics.thanks for letting me share this with everyone

cheers

holiday07045.jpg[/img]

holiday07040.jpg[/img]

holiday07030.jpg[/img]

holiday07026.jpg[/img]

holiday07023.jpg[/img]

holiday07021.jpg[/img]

holiday07017.jpg[/img]

holiday07015.jpg[/img]

holiday07014.jpg[/img]

holiday07013.jpg[/img]

holiday07012.jpg[/img]

holiday07008.jpg[/img]

holiday07006.jpg[/img]

holiday07005.jpg[/img]

holiday07004.jpg[/img]

hi gary, regarding the base now it is all but empty bar the airport side of things which seems to be doing really well.the german government wanted to sell the houses off, but who wants to buy 100 houses :thumbsdown: , so they are all but empty, the singlies block are used and a few of the rockape parks are used by companies, over the far side of the airfeild is where a starfighter and mig 21? are stored, however only about 25% of the whole site is accesible with the other bits left for time to take over,

hope it helps

cheers

jack

Many thanks Gary

What a very sad demise to a once mighty station, the Big 'L' no more.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi

I am planning to go back to Laarbruch / Weeze in December, can you get on camp easily? Do you know if the Alt Weeze and other zimmers in Weeze are still open as I can not find them on the web. I served in Air traffic between 1980 and 1983 and lived in a hirein in Weeze near Bockenhoffs the bike shop.

regards

Chris

Edited by chrismac60

hi there, chrismaco, driving on to camp is straightforward, alot different from the old days. Some of the roads are blocked off for safety/crash exit routes and what not, but you could probably get away with walking some of it, i walked some and it was like being back home, if you get what i mean, some of the hierins have been given back or destroyed, most of little city still exists though, hope this helps, ps there is also kevs pub in weeze. :speak_cool: