Backfire goodies......

Hi gangski,

A bit of an aside this but I'm currently toiling away on my Trumpy Backfire C , not sadly for the GB as it's going to be a bit of a mega build for Military Aviation World and I simply won't have time to complete it, but today I received these little goodies,

Firstly the absolutely gorgeous Authentic Decal set for the beast...(just look at those sharks teeth....a scheme I never knew existed, in fact two I never knew existed!!!),

P1070509.jpg

P1070513.jpg

And the lovely Mastercasters Backfire wheel set....Although I've got the Equipage set ready for this build I bought these for £5 off Ebay for the nose wheels alone.They are identical to the wheels used by the Blinder and a million times better than the kits 'orrible things.....and so will fit perfectly on my KPD model that is nearly done!!,. .add to this the KH-22 belly mod from Two mikes and these are happy days for us lovers of Soviet heavy metal!!...(excuse the placcy bag)... :frantic:

P1070515.jpg

Edited by general melchett

Damn you Andy. You've done it again! Leave my wallet alone.........

The sharks mouth intakes scheme is awesome, so I guess these are next on the list, along with the wheels.

The only thing that concerns me is the fact the decals are matt. I have never had any luck with matt decals. They've always seemed to be made of cardboard with no adhesive properties whatsoever! Do you have any previous experience of this companies products?

richc

Cheers Keith....flippin thing fills faster than I can delete!! :deadhorse:

Yep the stencils are amazing, I've just got the MIG 31 and AN 12 cub sets too.... :hypnotised:

I got the 31 sheet at last years SMW, they are very nice decals, though as Rich says it'll be interesting to see how well they work! Also luckily got the Begemot Su-15 sheet - that has the necessary code numbers on it to let me do an operational Yak-25!

K

Damn you Andy. You've done it again! Leave my wallet alone.........
.......:wicked:

There are some Blinder ones coming up soon...more sharksmouths!!!.... : :whistle:

Rich, ....to be honest I haven't used these before....bit strange but I've never really thought about them being matt or not, I just lay down a couple of heavy coats of Klear then when rock hard mix tsome more Klear with Microsol and apply..this seems to work for me anyway...generally gets rid of the carrier film ready for the blending coats of thinned varnish pre the final heavier coats...

Must admit I wouldn't choose to just use water....haven't done that for quite a while...

Ah, good thinking Keef!!...I bought a pile of genreric Russian stars and bort numbers last year...can make just about any aircraft going now......comes in handy a lot!!

Talking of decals, I'm just finishing off decalling the TU-144 and must say that the decals are superb....BUT...the most nerve wracking modelling experience for yonks!!!..they are super thin, ultra fine and whilst they don't crack they really need to be put in the right place straight away as any movement with the brush causes them to ruck up and distort terminally !!!!....that's why the thing is taking so long.....slowly, slowly , catchy monkey!!! so far got away with it, but there have been a few near misses! :pray:

Mmmm, that sharkmouth scheme seems a good reason to buy an M3 to go with my M2 :D

Got a set of Mastercasters wheels which I'll be using on the M2 as well, massive improvement as you say :)

Don't forget we are also going to be releasing 4-5 FAb iron bombs very soon as well as the belly insert and the SALT Treaty nose (no refuel probe). I will have 2-3 sets of the bombs out in the next couple of weeks and the belly mod a shortly as well. All the masters are finished but I need to draw up instructions and get some stock built up. :)

Anyone know where I can source the Authentic Decals? I need some!! :)

Edited by Mike @ Two Mikes Resin