Albatros DIII

Repainted

Hi

Here’s some pics of my work on the Roden Albatros DIII in 32-scale. I´ve started up the build, but then stopped when I heard that Eduards was realising the etchset for this one. So now is the time to take this one up.

JNCQLNHMKMHQM0.jpg

I don´t like Rodens seat so a new one was made from Plasticard and Milliput. The engine was detailed up with some wires and new rockers. That has become some standard on these engines now.

JNDOIOHPEMIQG8.jpg

The engine was painted in Humbrol polish metals, and with some light buffing it came out nice.

The first test mock-up of the cockpit and fuselage. The wooden paint is done in oilpaint.

JNDOERDRRRENO8.jpg

The Spandau´s is something extra with the Eduard stuff on it. The set from them just lift the guns to the heaven. :analintruder:

JNGSDQDRFOKMM8.jpg

The fuselage halves are glued together and some minor fillings are done before the prep for the paint, next is the wings, witch needs some ribtapes and relocated radiator.

JNJSDOCOMOKMM8.jpg

JNJSDNRRCOQQR4.jpg

I will go for Spadas decals of Werner Voss DIII and I´ve maybe throw in that lovely figure Mike Good sculpted for us modellers.

Lars Q

thanks Guys

These 32-scale birds are just lovley.And I must give Spada some credits for making it possible to build some nice machines.

The stash is now this

Academy Nieuport 17

Special Hobby Nieuport 11

Hobbycraft Spad XIII

Roden Fokker Dvi

Roden Pfalz DIII

Roden Se5a

Matchbox Tiger Moth

The only one missing is Hobbycrafts Camel

And then there is the 48-scale stash,Puh :doh:

Hi Folks

I got some work done on the Albatros DIII. The fuselage and wing have got its last fillings and sanding. Some small etched pieces from Eduard are in place. Next step is to put on a coat of light brown on the fuselage. Then painting the wood is coming. I’m doing that in oil’s so there will be some time for the DIII to dry up.

JNKMQQMMGMCQL0.jpg

JNKMQQLOLRGSC0.jpg

JNKMQQLQKRORG4.jpg

JNKMQQMMGMCQL0.jpg

Until next update

Cheers

Lars Q