The last of the last of the gunfighters

Guest Drewe

F-8P Cruze. Academy 1/72nd kit. Simply beautiful model, this is my second. Gonna be a dark grey one at or around retirement. Best solo fast jet display I ever saw - French Cruze, Fairford '87 in the teaming rain. Back to back display with an LTF Lightning F.3 - it was a raucous fifteen or twenty minutes!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I remember that display too.... only time I ever saw a Nimrod make it's own 'cloud'. The afterburner flame from the Crusader was as long as the aircraft....

Great kit that Academy, F-8. Must build mine one day !

Ian

Wow Drewe that ain't half nice looking. What colour did you use for the blue/grey? As you've made me want to build one now.

G'day Oliver,

I agree entirely; Drewe's stuff is inspirational - I may have to head back to the stash to forage for my F-8(s). I think you've you've posted the above in the wrong section, though. In order for Drewe to actually see your question you'd have to post in the 'Ready for inspection' sub-forum! Hang on, now I want to know......

Best of luck for the rest of your build, Drewe and keep up the great work.

Andrew.

Wow Drewe that ain't half nice looking. What colour did you use for the blue/grey? As you've made me want to build one now.

Gunze Mr Color Dark Sea Grey with a load of bright blue (gunze 80) chucked in 'till it looked close. Then misted coats of greys and intermediate blue 'till it looked closer. Technical and scientific modelling at it's peak I'm sure you'll agree! :analintruder:

Back to back display with an LTF Lightning F.3 -

An F3 Lightning in 87? Didn't realise the F3 knocked around that long, thought they were all F6's at the end. Well, well, you learn something every day. Yesterday it was that Mental's got a thing for pointy Nose cones :wicked: