Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

As of right now the first part of the build on the mast is pretty accurate ( i take creative licensing sometimes).

Unless it was a Bell engineer or an Army technician looking at it, I doubt anyone would notice. Your work beggars belief!

Hi

How many hours ????let me think..... The transmission tower was done last October I spent about a month or so on the whole unit since it was my first time working with brass. The rotor mast took about 3 weekends to complete. I have several Huey books I work from. The whole thing is pretty accurate.

Oliver

medevachuey1344.jpg

medevachuey1402.jpg

Yeah.. not too bad :winkgrin:

Heres the latest.

Gentlemen, thanks so much for the kind words and support. I will be redoing the sensors on the side of the transmission tower...its not working for me..I know I am picky......its a gift and a curse ( quote from the TV show MONK where I used to work).

I trimmed about an inch on top of the transmission .I had made a mistake in my calculations. The transmission was a total redo since all the plastic parts and brass fittings came loose once I started sanding it down.

Oliver

medevachuey1492.jpg

medevachuey1502.jpg

medevachuey1499.jpg

medevachuey1519.jpg

medevachuey1517.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 1

The transmission was a total redo since all the plastic parts and brass fittings came loose once I started sanding it down.

Ouch!! I couldn't do it once, let alone twice....!! I think that's called dedication - or is it madness??!! :D

Great work!

Keef

• 2 weeks later...
Extremely impressive, you must have one hell of a stash of brass, it's almost a shame to prime it

Nick

Hi Nick.

I agree with you about priming it. I wasted so many pieces of brass you have no idea. This is my first time working with brass.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it.

Oliver

I dont think it gets any better than this, what an amazing piece of work

This is pretty impressive stuff, isn't it?

Nice one Oliver. Look forward to seeing more.

Graham

Thanks Gentlemen.

Now only if I could make it across the pond and attend one of your wonderful British modeling shows.

Thanks for the kind words.

Oliver

Transmission is finally done....

Now I can move to the next headache.

Oliver

medevachuey1555.jpg

I'd say that it will be a bugger to paint. However. it's clear that it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you... Keep up the good work.

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. It was a challenge to get it finished. Did not have the right tools to cut the brass rods and tubes small enough.

I really appreciate the support.

Oliver

Did not have the right tools to cut the brass rods and tubes small enough.

It certainly doesn't show Oliver! Even with the right tools I know I couldn't do anywhere near such intricate & clean detail work!

Keef

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

Just a small update. Its hard to find the time lately to do some modeling. Work has kept me busy...I am sure you guys can relate.

Anyway I found a few hours of free time yesterday so I started on the Hydraulics connections. This is nowhere being done. I have to add a lot more lines.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the support.

Oliver

huey260.jpg

medevachuey1561.jpg

medevachuey1565.jpg

medevachuey1567.jpg

• Like 1