* New Build H-19 Chickasaw : Finished.

Looks like Ive got my "mojo" back so started another build. Striking whilst the iron is hot so to speak.

Already re learning old skills and noticeing mistakes,hopefully ones I wont make again in future builds

.............................thats the plan anyway. :banghead:

DSCF8521.jpg

DSCF8531.jpg

DSCF8532.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Looking very good, I wonder how's the fitting on this one?

After that HU-25 build this seems to fit like a glove. A few small problems,down to me more than the kit. :banghead:

If I started this again one thing I would have done is paint around the windows before fitting the clear parts,would save a whole shed load of grief masking.

Thanks "Dahut" Whats your take on the yellow....................Im thinking a final coat with a little orange and some light grey added??? :argue:

Im not sure of the scheme in question, but it should be an eye popper. I'm guessing the different colors mentioned are to add panel variance to the finish? Should work.... :speak_cool:

I've got this kit hiding in the stash somewhere. Are you doing one of the kit decal options? I was planning to do mine as per the box art.

No TT,Im adapting the decals provided in the kit and odds and sods from the spares box.

I found the yellow US Coast Guard scheme on the net and in an Osprey book.

That day glow over white was a bit too daunting for me. :doh:

dahut; My photos show a well worn orange/yellow that isnt as bright as the first coat.......guess Ill just "suck it and see"

Edited by ancient mariner

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF8545.jpg

DSCF8544-1.jpg

It doesnt look like Ive done much but the painting is taking its toll on my modelling time.

The kit decals are a bit of a pain. Especially the rotor warnings. No matter how much set and sol I used I couldnt get them to "snuggle down"

no where near.............they were just stiff as paper. The second try I cut the decal into three and applied it in parts. Not the best but better than my first try. :mental:

Im now on the look out for the large tail rotor warnings from this kit.So if anyone has a kit in their stash and wont be doing the Coast Guard version?..........there is an ancient mariner

who would very much like to hear from you. :grouphug: