Some more pics of the Saudi Tornado's at Lossie

Takamota

A real shame the weather didn't play ball but plenty of people there to pass the time jovially. Was indeed a good day flying wise and company wise. Hopefully you're not getting fed up with the Saudis yet but it's not often we see them over here!!

saudi-703-fnl-2.jpg

saudi-703-taxy-3.jpg

saudi-7506-fnl-2.jpg

saudi-7506-fnl.jpg

saudi-7513-burner2.jpg

saudi-7513-burner.jpg

saudi-7513-burner-rdy.jpg

saudi-7513-fnl.jpg

Saudi Tonkas can fail just as well as our own can!

saudi-703-burner-fail.jpg

saudi-7513-703-burner-fail.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome as always

A real shame the weather didn't play ball but plenty of people there to pass the time jovially. Was indeed a good day flying wise and company wise. Hopefully you're not getting fed up with the Saudis yet but it's not often we see them over here!!

Lots of lovely shots of the camo scheme on the BOZ pod too, now I can set to work on finishing my beastie.

Wondering if anyone is seeing the prospect of a decal sheet here, interesting contrast of the aircraft carring the grey CBLS 200.

Hi Rich I'm crrently building a 1/32 scale one using a combination of the old Superscale decal sheet that has Saudi national markings and code letters for a Tornado and F-15 Eagle and a Tiger Wings set for the RSAF data markings.

Not sure whats about in other scales, but the Saudi camo sure does suit the Tornado.

Hi Ant

Any pictures of your build?

The original Hase Tornado GR1 included Saudi decals and I think Superscale and Hi-decal produced sheets after GW1 but I'm sure someone like Model Alliance could do something with those aircraft and the upgrade ones that were flying from Warton?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting your pics; they're very impressive! I've seen your work here, on UKAR and Airliners and I'm glad that you're a local to Lossie, as I'm a big fan of the Fin (it's not a Buccaneer though). Anyway, from the captions to your Tornado shots I get the impression that engaging reheat is a 'hit and miss' affair; are the RB199s notorious for not going into burner, or not symmetrically? If you have any insight, please share. I remember the Tornado (from their 1988 visit to Australia) being loud, but didn't see enough of them to notice the reheat issue.

Thanks in advance and for posting the pics,

Andrew.

Hi Ant

Any pictures of your build?

There are a few posted over on ARC somewhere, but checking it this morning I realised it's been a work in progress for over a year, it was originally going to be an RAF bird, but it changed to a RSAF bird fairly recently, it seemed to give me a bit of motivation.

I'll try to take some fresh pics soon and post them in the WIP section.

Ant