Airfix Lanc

Graham

Nice one Graham.

How was it to build? Aside from the decals did you use any aftermarket stuff or scratchbuild? It looks it from the cockpit.

I've got a 1/72nd Airfix Lanc B1 in the stash, and was thinking of tarting it up with some nose art and new canopies.

Cheers,

Nick

• 9 years later...

I just happen to be in posession of a 1/72 scale Mk lb Lancaster that was released in the 1960's via Airfix America, based out of Clement Michigan. It is moulded in silver with windows and more rivets than you can count. The box art shows a Lancaster taking off nto the night. The amazing thing is the decals are still in good shape! It's got move able ailerons, and turrets, just pristine as can be. I wonder what it says worth because I don't build 1/72.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Spitfire addict said:

I just happen to be in posession of a 1/72 scale Mk lb Lancaster that was released in the 1960's via Airfix America, based out of Clement Michigan. It is moulded in silver with windows and more rivets than you can count. The box art shows a Lancaster taking off nto the night. The amazing thing is the decals are still in good shape! It's got move able ailerons, and turrets, just pristine as can be. I wonder what it says worth because I don't build 1/72.

Cheers

Is this the US Airfix kit you speak of ?

30601112783_74c34ab52f_z.jpg

Ian

6 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Those photographs were posted almost nine years ago, which is an eternity in the shifting sands of free internet photo hosting sites

I guess Photobucket isn't that bad after all. My first image posting here on BM was on February 10, 2008 and it's still visible.

Chris