Just to prove I do actually build models

MFord

I still don't own a digital camera. Or have a proper photography area or backdrop.

However, I found these today when rooting through some old files, so I thought I'd share them.

Airfix 1:48 Spitfire F.22

603 (City of Edinburgh) Sqn, Turnhouse, 1951.

Built almost straight from the box. I added Reheat dials and harness, drilled out the spade grip on the control column and added a throttle box and undercarriage control from my spares box. I also dropped the elevators and bulged the tyres slightly. Transfers are from the kit, except for fuselage roundels (from Model Art) and wing roundels and fin flashes (from Aeromaster). The missing door has since been found and reunited with the cockpit.

scan0002.jpg

Hasegawa 1:48 Sea Hurricane Mk.IIc

825 NAS, HMS Vindex, 1944.

Home made conversion from Hasegawa Hurricane II. Falcon canopy, decals from spares box. I can't remember where the rockets came from - probably the Airfix Spitfire 22/24.

scan0003.jpg

Tamiya 1:48 Supermarine Seafire Mk.Ib

801 NAS, HMS Furious, 1943.

Another homebuilt conversion from the Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vb. There's a Roy (Cooper Details) Sutherland prop, exhausts and cannon stubs, markings from spares. Please forgive the red crowbar, :blush: I'll repaint it one day.

scan0004.jpg

Tamiya 1:48 Grumman Wildcat Mk.V

Another simple homemade conversion from the Tamiya F4F-4 kit - outer guns deleted, panels filled and rivets individually drilled out with a tiny, tiny drillbit :hypnotised: . Markings from the spare box, again...

scan0005.jpg

And this is where they were built - I've gone upmarket since, I've got floorstanding speakers, an LCD telly and a proper desk now!

scan0006.jpg

That's all, who knows what I'll unearth later...

I'd love to show everyone what I've got (oo-er!) - but I dont have a digicam, so you'll have to use your imagination...

Stereo is now Musical Fidelity CD/Amp plus Tannoy loudspeakers - TV/DVD is merely a Philips 26-in HD-ready plus DVD / VCR Twinbox. I did build my own PC though :nerd:

I have always loved the Spit Mk.22 and rue that I never did get the Airfix kit. From the moment I saw it in FSM, it was a heart throbber. To me, it culminates the Spitfire legacy perfectly. Yours really is gorgeous.

Maybe one of these days...

Edited by dahut