I'VE BUILT THE UNBUILDABLE

WHEW :hypnotised:

F6.jpg

Boy did this take some doing! First off, there's nothing wrong with the kit, just little niggles like ejector posts and stuff, but hey, any modeller can build it. Second, I think it looks like an F-16 regardless of what the so-called experts say. Thirdly, how many Tamiya or Hasegawa F-16 kits give you about ten sprues of weapons? I used a couple of HARM missiles, cut down, for the wingtip smoke generators.

So, what about the decals? Well, I don't know where Syhart has his decal sheets printed, but they are fabulous. Easy to use, opaque, will slide, bend and conform to panel lines and curves. This set took about a week to apply, using DACO's medium decal setting solution. My only criticism is the vagueness of the instructions, with pieces merging and joining all over the place, an outline of the decal would have helped tremendously.

The paint, of which I bought two jars, is definately airbrush only, so be warned. I've only about a third of a pot left!

Anyway here's the pickies, so enjoy.

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

F7.jpg

F8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

W

Edited by Wolfpack

WOW, those markings look the part, beautiful build, there is just one thing though, have you tried dipping the canopy in klear, because from some of the photos it looks slightly frosted, lovely all the same though.

Beautiful finish on that!

As I said in your WIP thread on this build, I've never understood the fuss abouth the Kinetic Viper kits. I built the old late 70s/early 80s vintage Revell 1/48 F-16A a few times and the Kinetic kit is a much better looking Viper than that pig of a kit ever could be even after Monogram reboxed it with extra parts to approximate an ADV version in the late 90s.

If I wanted to go back to 1/48 and wanted an F-16, I'd have no problem putting the money down for a Kinetic kit.

• 2 years later...

I've been trying to locate a set of decals for this airplane...but nothing so far...tired posting in Buy/Sell forum but the post was deleted due to the fact that I don't have the minimum required 100 post count...

was wondering if anyone could either post for me...or point me to where I'd be able to get a set of the decals?

Thanks

I've looked on Syh@rts website and this sheet is sold out. Looks like e-bay and similar places. You could try Ali at A2Z models, he used to carry a small selection of Syh@rts stuff, of second hand decal dealers at model shows.

W