F-100D Super Sabre Interior Colours

AnonymousFO98

Revell have surpassed them selves by not only cocking up the metallic paint numbers but more significantly have totally failed to print K,L and M (nothing to do with airlines!)

L appears to be the interior colour and bang seat sides

M is the Bang seat cushions

K the drop tanks

FS numbers, Humbrol, Revell or Tamiya please

any help much appreciated

Edited by walrus

Thanks Sabre

will be a handy reference and have found some good walkarounds too, but can't seem to find any colour references i need- not even on some on line builds of other F-100 kits

FWIW the Revell 1/72 kit looks pretty good, but the wings are a tad warped on mine :rolleyes:

Might start building straight from the box in the New Year

might just have to guestimate from pics :lol:

Here ya go:

http://www.f-100.org/hun007.shtml

Pretty much every USAF aircraft after about 1952 or so has a Dark Gull Grey cockpit. I've found Medium Green 34102 (the medium green is the SEA camo scheme) to be a pretty good match for the gear wells. They seemed to be a darker green than the Interior Greens from Testors or Polly Scale.

HTH.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

• 7 years later...
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2009 at 0:08 PM, Ben Brown said:

Here ya go:

http://www.f-100.org/hun007.shtml

Pretty much every USAF aircraft after about 1952 or so has a Dark Gull Grey cockpit. I've found Medium Green 34102 (the medium green is the SEA camo scheme) to be a pretty good match for the gear wells. They seemed to be a darker green than the Interior Greens from Testors or Polly Scale.

HTH.

Ben

A good operational walkaround image set would be good too. These on this site are of current warbirds, polished to within an inch of their life. It is still a good site, though! ;)

M

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2009 at 10:27 AM, Jens said:

The cockpit was FS 36231, and I believe the gear bays were interior green FS 34151.

Regards,

Jens

Yes. Flap wells, wheel bays, speed brake bay, and drag chute bay is FS34151. Interior of speed brake and  landing gear doors is natural metal.

Mike