Just to kick the forum off.

Guest Cop

I built this for my wifes Aunt two years ago, in memory of her then, recently departed husband. An ex RAF fighter jock of the 40's and 50's. She often talks about how "Her Len" would buzz the farm in his squadrons Tigger. The Tiger Moth is one of those funny subjects that falls within the realm of several sub forums. Civil, military, inter war, WW2.

Anyway this is the 1/32 Matchbox kit. Its completely OOB including the decal. I added the rigging using fishing line. I also have the Revell boxing of this kit in my stash, which comes with some thread to do the rigging. The fit was good overall, with only a small amount of filler being used. I really enjoyed making this kit.

pic002.jpg

pic001.jpg

Sorry about the pics not being the best. But I only had a cheap and cheerful point and click camera back then.

Nigel.

Now thats lovely

Its always been my Dads dread to fly in a Tiger Moth, such an elegant airplane, good old Matchbox, their big Messer wasn't half bad either.

Great stuff Nige

john

David you won't regret it. The Revell re release also has better decals. The cockpit is basic at best. But having seen your work I don't think that bringing it up to scratch (pun intended) will pose a problem.

Nigel.

• 1 month later...
I really enjoyed making this kit.

it shows, Cop........... :clap2:

Great presentation :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...
I built this for my wifes Aunt two years ago, in memory of her then, recently departed husband. An ex RAF fighter jock of the 40's and 50's. She often talks about how "Her Len" would buzz the farm in his squadrons Tigger. The Tiger Moth is one of those funny subjects that falls within the realm of several sub forums. Civil, military, inter war, WW2.

Anyway this is the 1/32 Matchbox kit. Its completely OOB including the decal. I added the rigging using fishing line. I also have the Revell boxing of this kit in my stash, which comes with some thread to do the rigging. The fit was good overall, with only a small amount of filler being used. I really enjoyed making this kit.

Sorry about the pics not being the best. But I only had a cheap and cheerful point and click camera back then.

Nigel.

there are still plenty around now even, I took these at the Woburn Tiger Rally

150735008YiJwRW_th.jpg

• 8 months later...