Seamus' Year in builds

Seamus

Evening all

Not sure if I'll be finishing any more builds this year, so figured I may as well post my yearbook. Not as prolific as last year's total of 23, but I'm pretty pleased with the improvements I've made. I've posted them in chronological order, so hopefully you can see the improvements too, apart form the Canberras that is.....

All in 1/72, of course :D

Hasegawa Douglas KA-3B Skywarrior- Built for the World Naval Forces GB

DSCF0310.jpg

Tamiya Douglas F4D-1 Skyray- Built for the World Naval Forces GB

DSCF0376.jpg

Trumpeter Westland Wyvern S4- Built for the World Naval Forces GB

DSCF0699.jpg

Italeri Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw

DSCF0756.jpg

Trumpeter Harbin H-5

DSCF0820.jpg

Airfix Henschel Hs 123- Built for the SCW GB

DSCF1014.jpg

Revell (Hasegawa) Heinkel He-111 H-6

DSCF1107.jpg

Hasegawa Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet- Added Eduard zoom set to the cockpit, repositioned control surfaces and scratch built FOD guards, JDAMs from Revell F-22 kit, LGBs from Academy F/A-18C kit.

DSCF1205.jpg

Academy Vought F4U-1 Corsair

DSCF1325.jpg

Academy Vought F-8E Crusader- Repositioned control surfaces

DSCF1387.jpg

Academy Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver

DSCF1054-1.jpg

Trumpeter Vickers Wellington GR Mk XIV

DSCF1064-1.jpg

Revell (Hasegawa) BAE Systems Harrier GR.7A- Built for the Navy 100 GB. Added Aries cockpit and wheel well sets, Quickboost airbrake, MA decals, Aeroclub seat, Mavericks from a Revell Hunter FGA.9 kit and nozzles from an Airfix kit. My personal favourite to date :)

DSCF1200-1.jpg

Airfix Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX- Built as a gift for a friend of a friend

DSCF1015-1.jpg

Airfix EE Canberra B(i) 8- My worst of the year, strewn with errors....

DSCF1077-1.jpg

Airfix EE Canberra PR.9- Built for the Gulf War GB

DSCF1072-2.jpg

May be time to squeeze in the Ju-290 before the years end, but nevertheless I'm pretty happy with this years output. :)

Comments welcomed

Cheers

Shaun :)

Edited by Seamus

Yours has been a very productive year, Shaun.

Congratulations on a fine collection of marvellous builds. I enjoyed following the progress of your Harrier build in particular and the result is excellent.

Andrew.

Good year Shaun! I see you and Mish have been keeping the GB's going!

My fave has to be the Heinkel 111. That paint distemper finish is absolute quality.

The Harrier would have been good too, except for its latent gayness. :evil_laugh:

Al

Thank you all very much for the kind comments folks, much appreciated. I'd also like to thank those of you who take the time to follow and comment on my builds :worthy:

The Harrier would have been good too, except for its latent gayness. :evil_laugh:

Hopefully the mods will do the right thing and warn you for stating such blasphemy :wicked:

Merry Christmas

Shaun :santa:

• 4 weeks later...