The 2009 butchery

Antoine

Hi all,

The modelling year is not quite finished for me, as I hope to tackle another started build or two.

But here we go!

Nakajima Ki-43-I Oscar, from hasegawa.

photo_66.jpg

Straight OOB, with only the suppression of the wing leading edge landing light, that was not present on the 43-I.

The build was pretty straightforward, and the paint very funny, as I did nearly all the marking (Bare the tail) with masks and paints.

I also had a good try at heavy weathering (Which was done as close as I can to the pics of the real aircraft).

I-16 type 24, from Eduard.

i-16_037.jpg

Started more than a year ago in fact, but finished this summer.

Nice to build but with a bad wing/fuselage fitting, where putty was really needed.

My own interpretation of a nice camo option from Eduard, for a captured I-16, taken over by the AAR in Moldavia, 1941.

A fellow Rumanian modeller was kind enough to provide me with some nice pics from this aircraft.

Studying these with his help, I choose to leave alone Eduard's interpretation, and go ahead with mine.

Here is the result.

Spit PR mk.Ic, tamiya 1/48.

spit_018.jpg

Like the I-16, also started some months ago.

Very nice to build, the only problem I came upon was cutting the rhodoïd canopy, my fault.

Due to me being not cautious enough, the fit was very bad.

I tried to cure it with putty, but, afraid to damage the canopy masks, I kind of undershoot, so an horrible gap is still visible.

Then came the weathering, where I've completely messed up the wash.

So I'm not really satisified with this one, and It's a real step back compared to the I-16 and the Ki-43.

Tamiya's 1/48 Citroën 11cv traction avant.

cit02710.jpg

I was looking for a D-520 to build, and the only box available at the time was one of tamiya's first combo, where the D520 came along this nice little car.

I've started it many month ago, to leave it alone after 2 days.

And you know the rest of the story.

Revell's 1/144 U boot klasse 206A

00618.jpg

First attempt at a boat, and maybe not the last, as it was quite a pleasant build.

Dewoitine D-520, tamiya 1/48.

img_1024.jpg

And yet another box started a long time ago.

Many problems with this build, due only to myself, not to the kit.

Was quite fed up in the end, and didn't spend to much time finishing it nicely.

Edited by Antoine

• 3 weeks later...
Really, did they not like it?

Really, and I bloody don't know why....

Jokes appart, it's true that many French modellers still can't stand a French aircraft in German colours, more than sixty years after the end of ww2.

Difficult for me to understand that, history is history.

Jokes appart, it's true that many French modellers still can't stand a French aircraft in German colours, more than sixty years after the end of ww2.

Wow,

you think maybe they could see past that.

Julien

This isnt the first story Ive heard that might suggest that good ol' 'Liberte' might be at risk in some French modelling circles, let's hope they can put politics aside and enjoy each other's work..

Antoine.. as always your work is first class and inspirational, there can be no hiding the quality of your builds , whatever markings they carry. :)

• 2 weeks later...