Zvezda La-5 1/48th scale

Komrades, forgive my late appearance: I was assisting our fraternal workers in Indochina by fabricating a replica of the Bourgeois French overlord's American terror plane, to assist them in their aircraft recognition skills.

Now I have returned to toil in the glorious drive to replicate the Peoples armoury.

I stalled this build back in June, waiting for the GB. Here's a linkski to whats in the box http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...;hl=zvezda+La-5

Off out for work Xmas do shortly, but pics tomorrow of where I am at ( Hangover willing!)

All Power to the Soviet!

Jonnski

Finally got some painting done on the cockpit. Canopy will be shut on this build, so once the instrument panel is done, and the seat belts and seat back have had a bit of details and weathering., that will be it. In the similar vein the engine will be hardly visible once its all cowled up - so again just a basic paint job will do.

The kits detail is excellent bye the way.

La5fuselageinsides.jpg

La5fuselageframe.jpg

La5engine.jpg

La5seat.jpg

Cheers

Jonners

• 4 weeks later...

Komrades, work continues!! cockpit now installed, and the instrument panel is finished. See how the simplicity of design, wrought by our heroic peoples designers, allows any citizen to fight the fascists on more than equal terms!!!

la5pitfinished.jpg

la5pitfinished2.jpg

Toiling without break, inspired by Stahkanov, I have joined the fuselage and filled any minor gaps ( surely the Gulag awaits the lackie whose sabotage produced these, Hah!)

More progress later, as the honest Russian materials receive their first coat of primer. For the Rodina, Onwards!!

Jonners

..nice Jonners... what's the wash ...not Promodeller's I guess..mine never looks that convincing..

Hiya - its a mix of 2 Citadel washes, Badab Black & Gryphonne Sepia. It gives a nice browny-black wash, that's already pre-thinned for washing, but thins even more with some tamiya thinners ( or Isoprop and water) so you can lay down nice thin washes over stuff.

I normally apply this then dry brush back over with base colour and a lightened tone of base colour. (And then if I'm in the mood add some spot washes to detail areas over this just to re-define certain areas.)

Jonners

Spurred on by the desire to not miss the deadline ( and a bitof a break form Tornadathon), The airframe is now together:

la5unpainted.jpg

la5unpainted2.jpg

Today its been primed and then I had a very enjoyable session with my pre-Columbian Mexican applying some very bright green and black camo. More pics after dinner ( roast beef - yum!!)

Jonners

does the missus know about this fling with a 700yo South American?!:o

look forward to the next update- you have been cracking along

wonderful stuff Jonners!

Well she was upstairs at the time, "resting" , so perhaps my secret is safe....

Jonners (just clearing table form roast beef dinner, so pics soon....)

Right - here she is in her camo. Paints are pollyscale RLM 65 lightblue for the undersurface, then Gunze H519 "JASDF Green1" with a bit of yellow added for the bright green, and Tamiya NATO Black for the black ( actually its a very dark grey). Spinner and prop are Tamiya flat white - spinners only dry fitted in these pics BTW.

Camo freehanded with the Aztec. The natural metal panels around the exhausts are Tamiya Titanium Silver. Once its had 48 hours to dry out completely, its gloss varnish time and decals. Then I can start making it look a bit "lived in"

la5painted2.jpg

la5painted1.jpg

Jonners

Funny, I am reading more and more that the green should be that bright but I did my I-16 in it and could not stand the color! Ended up darkening it up a bit with a RLM color of some sort or another.

Looking forward to more on it, I have both La-5s so far and may be getting close to starting one (aka getting sick of jets!)

Matt

• 1 month later...
.. I have denounced my wife and had her sent to siberia. I shall mourn her this evening and take proud patriotic pictures tomorrow.

Jonnski

What, of your wife??!! Do we have a sub-section in the glorious groupbuild for such photographs.....

Keefski

What, of your wife??!! Do we have a sub-section in the glorious groupbuild for such photographs.....

Keefski

These are avaible at my roubles per viewski site. just go to www.mywifeisshamedinsiberia.ru [christ I bet it exists too!!!]

I will have the necessary capitalist e-comerce software up in time to releive you of your bourgeious addiction to money. :)

My gloriously patriotic photographic renditions of that slayer of fascism, the La-5, shall appear on here Komrades though.

Jonnski