Trumpeter 1/32 F-100D Super Sabre

Greg B

Looking good Greg.

Oh! BTW mate. I'll be up at the museum tomorrow getting piccies of Trojan and Titan.

Was gonna go today, but I start a course today.

Cheers Daz.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

No probs Daz, they have also got a chieffy AVLB in the BATUS colours and the Churchill AVLB over from Lodge Hill new on display.

Just caught up with this thread, late too the party as always.

Anyway as everybody else has said amazing work especially the natural metal parts :worthy:

Thanks for for putting up such a detailed explanation of your painting technique. Really useful for folk such as myself who are just beginning to explore all of this shading stuff and trying to lift their own builds to a better level, one of the great things about this site. I've now made myself late for work reading it, damn :doh:

Cheers

MarkC

Thats looking good Greg- but why the wheelclamps?

I have to paint some ordnance for a few things here- what blue did you use? looks to be the correct shade- I don't have anything like it!

Nice scheme you have chosen- for years there was only two SEA schemes available from Microscale on one sheet- nothing attractive like that one you are doing.

Thats looking good Greg- but why the wheelclamps?

I have to paint some ordnance for a few things here- what blue did you use? looks to be the correct shade- I don't have anything like it!

Nice scheme you have chosen- for years there was only two SEA schemes available from Microscale on one sheet- nothing attractive like that one you are doing.

The wheel clamps are part of the braking system and are supplied as etched brass in the kit, bit of paint and the old gator glue and they are on solid. The blue I mixed by hand, Tamiya intermediate blue, some of their bright blue to make it richer and a bit of white to fade it out probably around 5/2/1.

I dont know why, but the NMF ones never really floated my boat, I like the SEA schemes, the more battered the better, I would love to see a Drone set. I've read the book on the Misty FAC's called 'Bury us upside down' and want to do the F-100F when they get around to releasing it.

'salright i spose : <_<

You got a bit lucky with the jetpipe Greg, guess you must have had the paint by numbers limited edition for slow readers

Yeah, not bad suppose since I've got the old paint by numbers squared away! Git! :winkgrin:

You should have been a Limbo dancer mate, everything goes above your heid! :winkgrin:

That's because I spend so much time lying down studying the insides of my eyelids :tease:

p.s. What's a "heid"? I nickname for a Tyrolean mountain girl?

That's because I spend so much time lying down studying the insides of my eyelids :tease:

p.s. What's a "heid"? I nickname for a Tyrolean mountain girl?

The jock pronounciation for Head, or in your case that space hopper sized thing that balances on top of your neck :winkgrin:

The jock pronounciation for Head, or in your case that space hopper sized thing that balances on top of your neck :winkgrin:

Says Mister Melon Head! At least mine's full of braincells... (which sometimes function) :tease:

Well Phils wash is on and its drying and boy does it look shoite!!!! :crying: Fingers crossed for when I take the wash off, I've got my faith in Mr Flory though, honest!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a couple of hours spraying on the finishing matt varnish with the ever reliable Humbroll Matt Cote. Apart for 5 x nav lights, hanging the ordnance and 6 RBF tags, I'm done!

Pics will follow tomorrow when I can safely pick it up. All I'll say for now is it looks the part :winkgrin: