* Hobbyboss 1/72 Sh-60j

Andrew

Hello everyone,

Here's my contribution to the GB, a JMSDF SH-60J by Hasegawa. In order to represent this version a little more accurately, I'll be making a few corrections and embellishments as I go. Now onto the sprue shots, from which you'll see that I've made a start to the fuselage halves by removing some external features not relevant to the SH-60J and filling the resultant gaps (sort of).

BMHeloGBSH-60J04Dec09-1.jpg

BMHeloGBSH-60J04Dec09-2.jpg

BMHeloGBSH-60J04Dec09-3.jpg

BMHeloGBSH-60J04Dec09-4.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope to have some progress to show soon,

Andrew.

Edited by Andrew

G'day Ray,

You're right; I just couldn't help myself and had to have a go in this GB with something - the challenge was to actually make a decision as to which kit I was going to do. If all goes well, I'll have a swing at another helo!

Still plenty of time on my hands, but the threat to progress will be the temperature in the workroom....... Finally, thanks to Erwin and Stebos for the welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew.

• 1 month later...

After making some frustrating blunders on the Hasegawa kit, I'm now going to utilise the Hobbyboss SH-60B to make my -J. The kit turned up this morning and the sprues have had a wash - HB use some pretty slippery mould release agent!

Photos to follow in the near future.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Edited by Andrew

Here's what the Hobbyboss kit looks like on the sprue. I hope it goes together as well as it appears; it's better detailed than the Hasegawa kit and I don't have to remove much in order to reflect the Japanese variant. Nevertheless, the sonobuoy launcher on the port side will have to go, as it is typically seen covered (or deleted altogether), judging by most recent photos.

05-Feb-2010_0254-800.jpg

05-Feb-2010_0236-800.jpg

05-Feb-2010_0238-800.jpg

05-Feb-2010_0251-800.jpg

A start has been made and this build will hopefully gather pace quickly.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Shame about the Hasegawa blunders, but hope you enjoy the HB one. It does look more detailed, particularly round the rotor head.

Good luck this time!

Al

Thanks Al. So far all is going well (no photos of the work just yet) and the kit is definitely an improvement over the Hasegawa one, especially in the surface detailing. It remains to be seen whether I can do justice to this improved detail though; the rotor hub is one area that deserves to look busy and the HB rendering is a good place to start.

Cheers,

Andrew.