Build a kit in a week!

Nev

Looking good Nev, thats got to be the wariest (i own that word but you can use it :analintruder: ) Hawk i have seen. Great work in a week!!!!

I cant wait to see this one painted and decalled. Quick Nev the clocks a tickin

You know when you can feel a project slipping away from you, and the model in front of you no longer looks like how it did in your head? I'm reaching that point right now :(

Torn between which scheme to go for. Neither look right to me.

IP22.jpg

IP21.jpg

Apologies for the white-out effect on the pics, not sure what happened there. The camo schemes are still a bit rough right now as I try to decide which to do. To be honest I'm tempted to take a rattle can to the model and be done with it. I've only got 2 evenings left to finish her. Maybe choosing a model with dodgy fit, 4 colour camo and then dropping the flaps was a bad idea? I swear, next year I'm doing a 1/72 tank!

Nev, well, a new modell is always a new challenge, and you cannever be frustated witha kit, well you are always learning, and not only with kits .............

Uhm sounds like a philosophal :analintruder: and with this kit sure you learn a new technique .Nev, which paint do you usuallly paint, and watching your pics , is it hand paint?

If you paint with tamiya , you can remove with alcohol and try again.

Let me know.

Best regards.

Héctor

Well, I'm a lot happier with how it looks now - photos are still a bit dodgy, I think its the early morning light in the living room.

I actually would have got this almost finished last night but I was "asked" to come to bed for some "cuddles" :party:

Sadly, "cuddles" was not a euphemism, but a literal expression :banghead::banghead:

So here she is, 90% done. Going to try and finish her off this morning before I go to work.

IP24.jpg

IP23.jpg

Decaling finished! Just final touches, undercarriage and flat coat to go now. Ignore the streaky paint finish, I only put one coat of Klear/Future on to save time.

Much happier with how she is looking now.

IP25.jpg

Ok, here is how it stands at completion of the GB.

IP29.jpg

IP28.jpg

IP26.jpg

IP27.jpg

The model is actually only 95% complete - I still need to do a bit of weathering, a few details and then a flat coat (should get rid of streaky paint finish caused by only 1 application of Klear/Future). I'm a lot happier with it now than I was at the weekend - I made a lot of stupid mistakes and bad choices with this build.

I'll put it in Ready For Inspection when its finished-finished.

That looks so good! I bet you have flown it a few more times. ggggrrrrhrhhh!!!!!! ssshhhhhhhheeeeessssshhh!!!!!!!

Great model Nev.

Its the best part of modelling in my opinion, takes me back to 1979 few a few seconds. I often take a primed jet on its maiden flight only to see out the corner of my eye my wife smiling at me.

Again Nev, great idea very well executed.