Model Aviation World

Mike

Had Alan Firbank round at my house taking some pictures of my Taube. He says that they should be in the April or May issue. As Mike from Monstors Inc would say, "I'm on the cover of a magazine!"

I've just finished issue 3. It didn't take me very long to read though which maybe suggests another build article is needed?

I would also like to see a tips / techniques section where each month focusses on a different modeling technique. Something like one of Spence's tutorials on the "Spanish Technique". New modellers would, I'm sure, welcome this and maybe some of the older modellers might learn something or try something different?

...and maybe some of the older modellers might learn something or try something different?

Are you sayin' I'm old? :fight:

I'm midway through issue three, and I'm still enjoying it. :)

Speaking of reading too quick - Dads203 - Dan to us, has the fastest reading I've ever seen. I'm not exactly slow (at reading), but one day we were reading a Wikipedia article on his screen, and he was getting to the bottom of the screen before I'd even got to the middle! It's no wonder he buys so many magazines! :wacko:

I got a loan of issue 3 (which I have since bought) and am looking forward to recieving my first subscription issue, which should be issue 5. It's a great read, long may it continue.

Tony :clif:

Picked up issue three today, and I'm really enjoying it. I particularly like the articles that aren't about building, such as The Vault, this month's history of Airfix 1/24 kits and the weathering discussion in the first issue.

Picked up issue three today, and I'm really enjoying it. I particularly like the articles that aren't about building, such as The Vault, this month's history of Airfix 1/24 kits and the weathering discussion in the first issue.

Yeah... I was reading that one last night, and really enjoyed it. I can see me getting the book on the history of Airfix before too long :)

I sure wish I could get it here!! :angry:

Thanks for nothing Barnes and Noble

Not every B&N carries the same set of magazines. There are 4 (maybe 5) here in Columbus and the one nearest to me up on Sawmill and 161 (in case we have any other Buckeyes reading this drivel) has ALL of the mags, but the ones at Easton, Polaris and Lennox don't carry all of them, they may only carry FSM and maybe the Tamiya magazine (general one not MAI).

Ask the store about getting it as a special order, just tell them a store in Columbus has it, why not here!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Has the March 2010 issue been released yet?

The last issue stated 04 February On Sale date but I've not received my copy yet?

I got mine at the MK show on friday and I know that it was available in Bedford Smiffs on the 4th Feb.

Tony :clif:

I got the first issue at SMW and I was quite impressed. Since it is not sold around where I live I thought I should try a subscription to test it out. I ordered a subscription from Traplet Publications' web site a few weeks ago, but nothing has happened and no money has been drawn from my credit card. I have sent an e-mail to the publisher to ask if they have received my subscription order, but without any response....

Nils <_<

I got the first issue at SMW and I was quite impressed. Since it is not sold around where I live I thought I should try a subscription to test it out. I ordered a subscription from Traplet Publications' web site a few weeks ago, but nothing has happened and no money has been drawn from my credit card. I have sent an e-mail to the publisher to ask if they have received my subscription order, but without any response....

Nils <_<

PM Sent

Spence