Yorkshire airshow

Takamota

What a washout!! Loads of no shows but what was there made a sterling effort!......Was one hell of an explosion on the airfield attack sequence by the Hunters but it was so wet that I left my camera in the bag. Have a look at some of what I caught....

AB412-over.jpg

beech18-close.jpg

C130-taxy-falcons2.jpg

Was very low cloud at the time of the Falcons drop but they went for it anyway!

falcons_14.jpg

Guinot.jpg

guinot-taxy2.jpg

hunter-pair-taxy.jpg

MissyD.jpg

missyD-takeoff.jpg

seafire.jpg

UH1-huey-front.jpg

victor-chute.jpg

XL231-victor-taxy.jpg

Hope you liked......they mayhem then began trying to get out of the carpark. Never seen anything like it!

Hi Taka

will let Ken (the organiser) know you appreciated the effort. I work for him at several shows throughout the year but other work commitments meant I couldn't attend the show. Did the B25 turn up at all?

Regards

Paul

We went to the Saturday event and we really enjoyed it, it only got a bit wet towards the last hour or so of the flying display.

As Takamota said, a few no shows but the displays that were flying were really good - the Hunter attack sequence and airfield explosion were great (it was a really big fireball).

No B-25 (if I recall correctly) and only a Spitfire from the BBMF on Saturday. On the Sunday we went to Skegness for a run out (VERY wet day..) and whilst we were walking along the sea front the BBMF Lancaster flew along the sea front, turned and made two more passes before heading back in-land, so I don't know if the Lancaster showed up on Sunday at Elvington.

I was also looking forward to the Hawker Sea Fury, Sea Hawk and Meteor but non of these turned up, I know at least one (Sea Fury?) had engine trouble and the weather was quite bad.

The only thing that would have been nice to see would have been a fast jet from the RAF, I missed out completely on the Sunday show at Waddington this year as it was cancelled, but we did have a flypast from a Tornado F-3 and a pair of Chinook's whilst we were on holiday in the Lakes week before last (during our visit to the Solway Aviation Museum funilly enough).

Cheers.

Karl

Thanks mate you do that. I'm sure he'll appreciate the feedback. No the B24 didn't leave the USA apparently. No fault of the organisers at all. Lot's of bad weather aroung England prevented the WWII stuff leaving their own bases never mind get in to Elvington. Never mind. Like said before what did fly put on a great show!

Hi Taka

will let Ken (the organiser) know you appreciated the effort. I work for him at several shows throughout the year but other work commitments meant I couldn't attend the show. Did the B25 turn up at all?

Regards

Paul

I must say that the pic that impressed me the most was the herc and jumpers out-pic. Excellent shot.

Kyrre

Great shots of the Victor ..love to see that fly one day :analintruder:

Noc chance of that old son, as all the airframes are now time expired. Someone'd have to wedge in a new main spar to get her back in the air :(

Lovely pics btw - like Kyrre, my favorite's the parachutists leaving the "ghost herc" :)

What's that little 2 engined "I look a bit like an Anson" aircraft then? It looks familiar, but I just can't place it :hmmm:

What's that little 2 engined "I look a bit like an Anson" aircraft then? It looks familiar, but I just can't place it :hmmm:

That's a Beech 18 Mike.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Makes braving the rain all the more worthwhile.

Edited by Takamota

seafire.jpg

Great pictures all round, like some of the other replies, I especially like the jumpers with the Herc in the background..

I hadn't noticed before how the Seafire tail/arrester hook combo worked. I noticed in this shot that the rudder is to the starboard but the arrester hook is still straight to the rear. Obvious really but I hadn't noticed it before. I have a couple of 15s and a 17 to build, I'll have to make sure I get that right if I move the rudder!

Just wonder how many people will be checking out there Seafire 15s and 17s to make sure they have got this correct!!

Hi Guys

Just spoke to Ken, he was really upset at that the show didn't turn out as he'd planned but was pleased to hear Taka's feedback, made him feel a lot better. The weather wasn't the only problem, there were a few others in the background such as the organizer of the stalls going ill only a few days before the show. As for the BBMF, the Spit wasn't even coming to the show. The OC BBMF decided to risk it as the Lanc couldn't have got off anyway, Sally B was not able to get off as the were doing summat to the runway. They were going off the grass but then it piddled it down all night so that was a no go either. All in all it sounds like you were lucky to get owt in the air. Anyway I'll let him know all your comments and thanks on his behalf

Regards

Paul