Airfix 1/48 Jaguar T2 Conversion

Andy K

I found this lurking at the back of the shelf the other day, so I got it down for a look. I started it about 10 years ago then chronic AMS set in, plus the work needed to bring the Airfix bits up to scratch got a bit daunting so it's been quietly forgotten. Today I've been doing some filling and correcting the underside of the wings where I fitted (incorrectly) flap rails. However I managed to put a hole in the wing so I think it may be going back on the shelf for another 10 years! The flaps I made myself and I still need to make the slats so I'll see how it goes. I was hoping (all those years ago) to finish it in a Rasperry Ripple scheme too....

DSCN0247300x200.jpg

DSCN0249300x200.jpg

Nice work, I like the idea of a RR Jag :clap2: .

jaguarxw566starboardsidqd8.jpg

John.

Ok guys I've been fiddling around with the T2 Jag again and need some input from Jag experts. I've made the wing fences from plastic sheet but are they too high or just right?

DSCN0251.jpg

Also I fixed the hole in the wing and added nav lights from red and green coloured toothbrushes;

DSCN0252.jpg

All comments welcome!

I've made the wing fences from plastic sheet but are they too high or just right?

Andy

They look pretty close to me, maybe just a fraction high possibly, but that is all. Actually, there should be some brass wing fences on the photo-etched sheet included with the T2 conversion set itself.

B)

Andy

They look pretty close to me, maybe just a fraction high possibly, but that is all. Actually, there should be some brass wing fences on the photo-etched sheet included with the T2 conversion set itself.

B)

D'OH!!!!! I knew that, I was just testing........ :wall:

Cheers Neil, I shall look in the bag with the rest of T2 bits!

Edit; Yes you're right, they are there in the bag of T2 bits! Dayum.....ah well I'll keep them for another Jag build :D

Edited by Andy K