Hobby Boss 48th SLUFs (A-7s) - including a two seater

Matt Roberts

Just saw over on ARC a mention that Model Aircraft International has a listing for a 48th A-7 and TA-7. Has anyone around here seen the list and tell whic versions are currently listed. I think the two seater is a TA-7C.

I have not seen the latest issue to get to the States (which has a P-47 on the cover - imagine that!)

For those who don't follow 48th scale SLUFs the Hasegawas only do the last two single seaters, the A-7D and A-7E. The only way to do an early Vietnam era SLUF is the old Monogran (ex Aurora) kit

The 72nd Greek around here build looks nice by the way.

Matt

Edit....

I figure I better state what a SLUF was...it stood for 'Short Little Ugly F*cker' And I remember even hearing it called that at the local Air Guard Base when the 121st flew them. It grew out of the close resemblance to the F-8 Crusader and while the Crusader looked like a greyhound the A-7 looked like a corgi. My families corgi almost got named 'Sluf' until my mom found out what it stood for!

Edited by Matt Roberts

I think an A-7K and A-7A/B would be very welcome. They wiil be very nice if they are like Hasegawas Corsairs. Never really had a good look at the Monogram A. The colour scheme looked nice though.

Joel

Uh oh....

May have been a typo on MAI's part. Over on ARC the kit number and price both point towards theses being the 72nd kits that are beginning to show up around the net - including the Greek two seater around here.

uggh...back to the 80 or so kits in the stash then....

Matt