Airbourne 2007

mikeew

I went to Eastbourne's annual free seaside airshow on saturday to try out my new EOS 400D for the first time.

The weather was iffy from the start, with light misty rain and lots of dramatic cloud, unfortunatley this gave me lots of silhouette type photos as the light was side on or head on for most of the flying display. For the mid afternoon section the weather did break with a bit of sun, particularly when the WWII stuff came out to play.

Here are the best of a bad bunch :shithappens: .

Show openers The Red Arrows., They had to fly their flat show due to the low cloud base, good, but nowhere near as crowd pleasing as the full rolling show.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

The Blades. Very impressive tight formation flying, most are ex-Red Arrows pilots.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Tucano solo display.

IMG_0112.jpg

Chinook, always a guaranateed crowd pleaser, not good for the camera though, due to the vast amount of seaspray generated by the huge downwash.

IMG_0133.jpg

WWII stuff.

Mustang shots were great to a huge break in the cloud, Hurricane too.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

Royal Jordanian Falcons.

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

The Army Eagles Lynx defying gravity.

IMG_0274.jpg

Odd sort for an airshow, made quite a spectacle though, seeing a 747 at 100ft over the sea!

IMG_0303.jpg

Closing the show with apt storm clouds gathering - Typhoon

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

For the first time out and in dodgy weather you did a great job Mike :thumbsup2: . The lynx shot is a bit special, it's one of the few helicopter displays that truly amazes me.

One small critique if I may, with the 747 being as low as you say it would have been great to get some sea in to highlight the point. That said it's one of those things that is much easier to think of after the fact than at the time when you're rightly concentrating on the 'plane itself.

Steve.

Cheers for the feedback guys.

Steve, good point about the 747, but like you say, in the heat of the moment i was just trying to avoid peoples heads and frame the subject. Aint hindsight a great thing!

Good photo's, those chinooks always look as if they goin to crash any minute. i'd shat my pants if ever had to get in one :(

Just noticed the Typhoon has only one ASRAAM missile on it's right wing, where did the other one go ? :boom:

Edited by GEM