My Flanker

oh poo!

not good mate

hope it ain't too tricky to mend and make the undercart strong enough :pray:

A bit of drilling and pinning and you'll be ok, as for the rest of the build it looks stunning, I really like the camo and colours - looks absolutely spot on !

Lovely job with the paint-work Comrade cr0c. Wish I could sneak one of those past the gate-guard but she's on high-alert after my Equipage wheels arrived from the Ukraine.

Rotten luck with the accident, but I'm sure you'll be up on your legs (and wheels) soon.

mitchem

The ghost of the Tornado Group build paintwork has reared its ugly head.

I've started the process of weathering, lightly on the underside, heavily on top. anyhow, the chosen method is with diluted black enamel paints and a wash.

DSC_4580.jpg

dunno from the lighting if its clear in the photos, but as I worked backwards towards the engine mtals, everything was going well then the wash started taking the metalwork off. This despite a protective coat or two of Klear. Bugger!

on the left engine how it should be,

DSC_4582.jpg

on the right engine the damage!

DSC_4581.jpg

Shes going to have to go back into the paintshop........ The extension coulnt have come at a better time.

anyhow she stands on her own three legs now. Here she is so far.

DSC_4585.jpg

DSC_4586.jpg

DSC_4587.jpg

DSC_4588.jpg

DSC_4589-1.jpg

and the completed weapons pylons!

DSC_4591.jpg

DSC_4592.jpg

On the subject of weapons, I have decided to definitely plumb for the ground attack loadout so that means 2x Archers tip pylons 2x s-25 rocket dispensers on outer pylons 2x AL 8 launchers inner

and I may stretch to one of the kit Alamos on the center fuselage pylon.

The AL 8 launchers are normally carried in pairs using a multiple rack but no such racks are available for the kit besides I havnt enough launchers to replicate the pairs so singles it is.

B******S B*******S B*******S despite TWO protective coats of Klear following decaling Ive had a go at weathering the topside and its taken the metallic paintwork of the salt finish on the port wing! none of the other paintwork is affected, am I missing something? :suicide:

Looks like im looking at washing the metallic areas with citadel washes and the rest with the enamel wash BEAM ME UP SCOTTY :shoot::hanging:

ack, sucks youre having issues with the paint, just when it was looking so good :undecided:

i could only hazard a guess that there was some kind of salt residue causing complications?

as for the undercarriage im not suprised the front wouldnt hold it. the moving suspensions an interesting idea from trumpy, but theres no way it will support the kit, even without extra resin, with the supplied parts. i took one look at it decided to epoxy the internals part into the legs themselves. and even then it sways about a bit with the slightest provocation.

I'm lost for words, it looks great but it must be hard tough and demoralising to see all that paintwork going south at such a late stage :wall: :wall:

I'm sure you will crack it.

If no other alternative comes up, try an acrylic wash using paint, water and washing up liquid. It works out a bit like Promodeler wash. Alternatively, you can get great results with crushed up pastel chalk and water.

Keep going though, this looks lovely stuff so far!

Hi Guys and gals, Thanks for your encouragement. Just to let you know, I havn't thrown in the towel, my absence is purely down to an explosion in workload in the real world. 12-14 hr days Phew.

Anyhow im still keeping on going.. Thanks for the extension.... maybe ill make it afterall.

regards

Pharty

Your wish is my command.

In the few minutes I have had to myself recently, ive messed with the ordinance and weathered the airbrake internals.

DSC_4593.jpg

Now I have to say, the Russian ground to air ordinance is really strange stuff! As i said, Im going with two unguided rocket launchers on the outer underwing pylons and unguided multi launchers on the inner.

The rocket pods in reality, consist of a launch tube into which is fitted whatever warhead is required for the mission, a bit like a bullet with the brass case attached to the wing pylon.

The multi launcher is more conventional with a five rocket loadout per pod.

DSC_4594.jpg

I'm not sure how accurate or otherwise trumpeters representation of these weapons is but as there are no alternatives who cares?

One MAJOR issue with the multi rocket pod is how see through it is, its very noticeable.

DSC_4597.jpg

DSC_4598.jpg

In order to tidy it up a bit Ive shoved some regular drinking straws into the ports and trimmed.

Not quite finished them but it has made a huge difference in the appearance of the weapon. In the "finish panic" I was going to go with them "as is" glad I didnt.

DSC_4599.jpg

DSC_4600.jpg

Last but not least, the massive Alamo d and the not so massive Archers. I am fully aware of the issues surrounding these missiles, but 1. I cant afford, at the mo, a full set of Chris's delicious weaponry which for a full Flanker loadout would be £66.00 worth of resin, :hypnotised: 2. The archers aren't too bad for the wing rails, and 3. I only want one Alamo mounted under the central pylon.

DSC_4596.jpg

DSC_4595.jpg

Iv'e held off getting the bird back into the paintshop for repairs , as the firing tubes of the weapons and the rocket launchers are all metallic gunmetal grey so I can do all the painting in one hit.

The archers and Alamos being white together with the head of the air to ground rocket.

To our next happy meeting!

Edited by Phartycr0c

hi my nose leg done the same thing i used a spring from a bic lighter which is a weaker spring and stopped it from breaking now it is fine all i have to do is finnish it maybe for the model show at shuttleworth in march looks great by the way i have put my stereo into the loft so i can put mine on display in the cabinet

:o

"Joe! Joe! them Serviettes 'uv gorn 'un tyed Jill Acher to a rocket rail!! What ur way gonna doo!!!"

tum-de-tum-de-tum-te-dum...

Komrades, I think the Chairman has had his head turned by Imperialistic Western propoganda radio broadcasting......

Sorry- just couldn't get the image out of my head

loverly stuff Pharty- and likewise glad you added the straws to the rocket pods well worth the effort.

Can't wait to see this lot slung underneath her!

keep up the good work!!

Now back to Ambridge. Will Joe Grundy help Cary save Jill? Or will he pop down to the village to see Caroline at the new massage parlour? :hmmm: