Another Typhoooooooooooon a baby one

Very nice Phil - One small thing to point out (which will take you all of 5 secs) at the base of the tail, right above the drag chute door, there is a long "sausage" like pointy out thing - some kind of sensor I guess. Check out some Tiffie pics and you'll very soon see what I mean.

Very nice Phil - One small thing to point out (which will take you all of 5 secs) at the base of the tail, right above the drag chute door, there is a long "sausage" like pointy out thing - some kind of sensor I guess. Check out some Tiffie pics and you'll very soon see what I mean.

Quite right Gary, it's now added :wicked:

To be honest it was alot harder than the Revell 1/48 and I used blue tack to put the canopy up.

Brilliant job, makes mine look like a crashed one.

Although i'm very new to modelling this should be level 5 and the 1/48 a level 4, i think Revell like their paint guides, they have it the wrong way round.

I found the 1/72 very hard going but for a pro like you Phil you made it look easy :)

As a kid I was never fond of the Revell offerings, but they have really come into their own over the last couple of years. The quality of your work helps as well Phil.

Nige.

Great looking Tiffie Phil :goodjob:

Nice job Phil...

Pity it's the wrong Squadron!! :wicked::P

It's 3 Squadron, front line......why Merv ? gis some history mate :)
He used to be an armourer for 17sqd :)

:viking:

Edited by hatchet

Nice job Phil...

Pity it's the wrong Squadron!! :wicked::P

I've got a commission for the 1/48 in 17 Squadron markings coming up :partytime:

Thanks for the kind words guys and I hope to get the photos dune of the F-15E today, but looking at the weather it's going to have to wait :raincloud:

• 1 month later...

Damn,damn, damn ! You jet guys do it every time to me. :wall:

I read "Typhoon" and being a WW-2 guy myself I ofcourse think this is the Hawker Typhoon.

Great looking model non the less.

Edited by Erwin

Lovely Phoon Phil :P

Is that blue tack I see holding on the canopy???????

Yep it's blue tack, you'll see it alot on my models as the have to go though the postal system, so it's just there for the photos. once there at there new home they can fix permanently.

Plus have you seen how Revell would have you fix it. :deadhorse:

Very nice build.

Got to say the Typhoon is growing on me, now their getting more common.

I've got both the single seat and two seater versions on the "To do" pile next to the bench.

After seeing yours Phil, I look forwards to starting mine. :)

Shaun.

Some nice detailing on that one Phil.. Not bad at all for 1/72. Is the 1/72 one the same sprues as the 1/48? or totally different beast?

There almost the same just the cockpit and canopy that differ. The decals are the same, I found it alot harder to put together then the 1/48 which apart from the wing roots goes together very well.

I have about ready the Italeri offering of the Typhoon and getting the prototype of ESCI. I painted it black as I like that very much. I lost the serial decals when I used set and sol. If anyone can help me on those???

Italeri kitnumber 042

DSC05529.jpg