Airfix Nimrod pre-orders

John

The plan is to have a 51 Sqn R.1 in the current Light Aircraft Grey/Camouflage Grey scheme.

The other schemes, AFAIK are MR.1 (White/Grey), MR.2 Hemp/LAG red/blue roundels and MR.2P "Maid of Moray" in Hemp/LAG with low viz roundels. Last time I checked, there will be bits for the angled and straight finlets, bomb bay, Stingray torpedoes, underwing stores etc...

The plan is to have a 51 Sqn R.1 in the current Light Aircraft Grey/Camouflage Grey scheme.

The other schemes, AFAIK are MR.1 (White/Grey), MR.2 Hemp/LAG red/blue roundels and MR.2P "Maid of Moray" in Hemp/LAG with low viz roundels. Last time I checked, there will be bits for the angled and straight finlets, bomb bay, Stingray torpedoes, underwing stores etc...

These seem as though they are the modern colours, when I worked on them they were "hemp"

These seem as though they are the modern colours, when I worked on them they were "hemp"

They sure were, but with Light Aircraft Grey undersides, which replaced the White/Grey scheme at the end of the 1970s.

Plus there was that one Nimrod in the "Dark Hemp" scheme - I'll let Dave take up that story!

Guest Hunter
Oh I remember the days of standing at the end of the runway at RAF St mawgan when the Nimrods were there and the static coming off them before they crossed the road. ahhhh the flash and bang. Oh happy days. :crying:

And I get to do that at RAF Kinloss these days :) What with the Lossie Tonka's nearby as well ... I'm kinda spoilt for RAF hardware buzzing around! Supposed to be getting the JSA or JSF? at RAF Lossiemouth around 2016 as well, hope so.

it sure was good news to hear the recent news that both bases that were thought to be getting axed, now have a future ... for a while at least.

1/72 is not something I do, its pretty much all 1/48 with a few 1/32 Aircraft, but for the Nimrod I'm making an exception.

And I get to do that at RAF Kinloss these days :) What with the Lossie Tonka's nearby as well ... I'm kinda spoilt for RAF hardware buzzing around! Supposed to be getting the JSA or JSF? at RAF Lossiemouth around 2016 as well, hope so.

it sure was good news to hear the recent news that both bases that were thought to be getting axed, now have a future ... for a while at least.

1/72 is not something I do, its pretty much all 1/48 with a few 1/32 Aircraft, but for the Nimrod I'm making an exception.

I'm between RNAS yeovilton and RAF ST mawgan. The Sea Harriers have gone and the Nimrods so no more days at the base. But on the Plus side I do get about 5 to 10 fast jet right over my every day in the summer. Mainly F-15E and Tornado's. Nothing gets me to the window faster than the sound of a jet doing 450+ knots at low level. :thumbsup:

Just browsing Wonderland models and it shows this about the Airfix Nimrod

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/Airfix-120...uctx335825.html

Release date 01/11/07 !!

Also all the airfix canberras show a release date of 01/01/08

Matt

Ah, good old Wonderland. According to their website they had the new Airfix Lifeboat in stock in December 2005! The shop's well worth a visit, and may even get there myself on Saturday, but the website's not the last word in reliability!

John