Revell's forthcoming 1/72 Lightning F.6

AntPhillips

I've just been browsing the Revell website and under the new releases section is the boxart for their October release of a 1/72 Lightning, now is it the Matchbox kit, enquiring minds need to know :analintruder: .

Revell Lightning

BTW forgive me if this has already been discussed :mental:

Nice boxart anyway.

Take a look at the 360º view

Edited by AntPhillips

Not sure whether it's a new tool or not but if I remember rightly, the Matchbox Lightning was'nt that bad a kit. Mind you it was a few years ago when I built it, Modeldecal had just released a sheet for lo-viz Lightnings lol!!!

As far as I was aware, the Revell kit was going to be a re-pop of the Frog kit...

Don't know much about the Frog kit, but that one resembles the Hasegawa one. The undercarriage parts definitely look like it and it also has the same number of parts, 47...

It's definitely not the Matchbox one as the panel lines are too soft and the airbrakes are open, canopy is in 2 pieces...

I'd say it's the Hasegawa one, but we'll see what better minds come up with...

Just noticed that they want £12.99 for it... Pfffft... not paying that for the ex-Hasegawa kit. Might as well go the extra few quid and get a Heritage Resin one!!!

Karl.

Karl.

As far as I was aware, the Revell kit was going to be a re-pop of the Frog kit...

Don't know much about the Frog kit, but that one resembles the Hasegawa one. The undercarriage parts definitely look like it and it also has the same number of parts, 47...

Hi Karl,

That would make sense as Frog and Hasegawa had a mould sharing agreement in the late '60's early '70's and the Hasegawa Lightning is essentially the Frog kit, with a few updated parts.

I didn't think it was a new mould, and I also thought it didn't look like the Matchbox one.

Revell previously issued the old Frog 1/72 Lightning F6 back in the late 90's and charged about a fiver for it, and it was awful. The moulds had seriously deteriorated judging by the one I had.

As they are listing this years release with a £12.99 price tag, its either a new tool or a pricing mistake. We would all love it to be a new tool, but no-one will pay that for a rebox of the £6.50 Hasegawa kit or the Matchbox kit.

Revell don't refer to it as a new tool in their catalog - I think they would highlight the fact if it were the case.

I'd wait for a review.

It is a repop of the Hasegawa kit. Revell originally had it listed with the old box art and that was also where they mentioned about it being in co-operation with Hasegawa .

Just noticed that they want £12.99 for it... Pfffft... not paying that for the ex-Hasegawa kit. Might as well go the extra few quid and get a Heritage Resin one!!!

Every now and then they throw in these pricing anomalies - their repop of the Italeri Mirage 2000 was a similar price, as was their new tool Mig-21, but I noticed a lot of retailers (including my LHS) quickly dropped the price of the latter to a more sensible £8.99

For 13 quid you may as well go the whole hog and buy the Airfix 1/48 kit :P