CA 1/48 Fairey Gannet is out!

gunpowder17

Maybe a tad expensive i suppose. Its funny , i didnt really think about the price until i got home.

Anyway heres the pics of the parts. Nice wheelbays and cockpits. I intend to build the weapons bay too. I bought the 4+ book while i was there and also a CA Vampire to be done as a Sea Vampire.

Picture165.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture161-1.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Edited by gunpowder17

Hmm. The more i think about it the more it irritates me. Why is this model £45 and an anson is almost £10 less? Maybe i should stop buying things on the spur of the moment!

Simple answer to that one, because they know people will pay it. If we didn't, I'm sure those prices would miraculously come down.

Bob Von BOGOF

Just checked the US RRP out - $65 (£33) - were being screwed.

Right thats it , Trumpeter are off my future lists due to prices and now CA are too. I better make the most of this kit and really go to town detailing it.

As much as I would like to cross it off my list due to the price, it's a 1/48 Gannet and thats, that. :P

Pass me the cloned credit card please. :rambo:

Nige.

Well i have spent a little time on it tonight and i have the bomb bay doors cut out and a basic bomb bay built. I can then detail it right up once the fuselage halves are joined. I will post some photos when progress gets a little more interesting.

If you are being screwed, it is by your own mates. Not CA.

CA sets it's world wide price in USD$ and transacts business only in USD$. That's the way I deal with them.

So, not including VAT, the retail in the UK should be about £32.50.

The wholesale price to the shop keeper should be anywhere from 40% to 50%+5% of the MSRP, depending on volume of purchase.

Why not punish the greedy shop keeper rather than the kit maker.

Do you lot really have to post such things. I have just ordered mine.

Nige.

Poof! What's wrong with finishing the Dynavector Gannet you already have? :tease:

You lot don't know how lucky you are; not so long ago $65 would have translated into £65. We always said "Pounds for dollars," in the 60s & 70s.

Doesn't happen here, of course (everyone's too well behaved,) but I notice a deafening silence, from those who were almost foaming at the mouth over a (Trumpeter, of course) 1//32nd kit, costing £50.

Edgar

"Right thats it , Trumpeter are off my future lists due to prices and now CA are too. I better make the most of this kit and really go to town detailing it."

But this post did suggest that CA is the one over-pricing the kit.

Thats true , I apologise. What i meant is that i wouldnt be buying them from the UK again.

I didnt want this thread to turn into a Price related one , theres enough of them already i just simply wanted to show those interested some pics.

My fault sorry...

Edited by gunpowder17

Don't blame CA. I'm sure Jules is squirming at that price.

David Hannant set the price. That's where you should be aiming your boycott. He will continue to inflate prices as long as he thinks he can get away with it. ie as long as the market (you) will support it.

My 15 fils worth

Dave.

Don't blame CA. I'm sure Jules is squirming at that price.

David Hannant set the price. That's where you should be aiming your boycott. He will continue to inflate prices as long as he thinks he can get away with it. ie as long as the market (you) will support it.

My 15 fils worth

Dave.

Very true , However I'll wait for the Trumpeter one in 48th and save money

Very true , However I'll wait for the Trumpeter one in 48th and save money

Given the Trumpeter 1/48 Wyvern and Seahawk and the quality of the 1/72 Gannet, the odds are that a 1/48 Gannet will also be a winner.

But there are consequences that flow from your decision and similar decisions by many others. The little guys who pioneered the off beat stuff get it not so gently from the Chinese. Be careful what one wishes for. Similar decisions were made when buying kits in general, and now no one should wonder what happened to the local hobby shop. :( :(

Given the Trumpeter 1/48 Wyvern and Seahawk and the quality of the 1/72 Gannet, the odds are that a 1/48 Gannet will also be a winner.

But there are consequences that flow from your decision and similar decisions by many others. The little guys who pioneered the off beat stuff get it not so gently from the Chinese. Be careful what one wishes for. Similar decisions were made when buying kits in general, and now no one should wonder what happened to the local hobby shop. :( :(

I don't wonder what happened to LHS If I can get stuff cheaper from other sources I will .