CA 1/48 Fairey Gannet is out!

gunpowder17

Picked one up from Hannants today. Ive only had a quick scan through , but it looks good. Im dropping everything for this one!

I see Hannants have reduced the price of the CA Gannet to 39-95/34-00 ...

Wonder if they're giving refunds to those who've already bought the kit.

Good news for Jules though.

dave.

I see Hannants have reduced the price of the CA Gannet to 39-95/34-00 ...

Wonder if they're giving refunds to those who've already bought the kit.

Good news for Jules though.

dave.

Is It? I would have thought that once he has exported his stock ,He has made his money . Doesn't matter to him if the kits Like most CA kits become shelf - sitters .

Is It? I would have thought that once he has exported his stock ,He has made his money . Doesn't matter to him if the kits Like most CA kits become shelf - sitters .

MY thinking on this (having just received an e-mail from Hannants) IS THIS;

Hannants have realised that as soon as the Trumpeter kit arrives- any unsold C.A. stock will be fit for the trash. They obviously have an agreement with Classic ripoffs Airframes to take so many- or such a percentage of each new kit they produce. im sure they would rather not that option on this kit but have to abide by the agreement. A price drop will sell more of them , more quickly.

Yep looking to take this one up as the last C.A. kits were quality :analintruder: Nope just got the £40.00 out and set light to it. Lot easier and saved on postage. :mg:

Hannants have realised that as soon as the Trumpeter kit arrives- any unsold C.A. stock will be fit for the trash. They obviously have an agreement with Classic ripoffs Airframes to take so many- or such a percentage of each new kit they produce. im sure they would rather not that option on this kit but have to abide by the agreement. A price drop will sell more of them , more quickly.

Well I heard that Hannants put money into the British subjects , something when mentioned to JB he got very defensive about .

It looks quite good from the pictures, but not £40 good.

I'm more than happy with the rather nice Dynavector Gannet in my stash, even more so given that I paid about half what the CA kit is going for.

Still, wouldn't say no if I saw one gong cheap - I'm still looking for a cheap CA Supermarine Attacker, or another kit manufacturer to do a 1/48 kit....

Cheers.

Karl

It looks quite good from the pictures, but not £40 good.

I'm more than happy with the rather nice Dynavector Gannet in my stash, even more so given that I paid about half what the CA kit is going for.

Still, wouldn't say no if I saw one gong cheap - I'm still looking for a cheap CA Supermarine Attacker, or another kit manufacturer to do a 1/48 kit....

Cheers.

Karl

Get two for price of one at Hannants . You not got a mate who wants one as well ?

Well I heard that Hannants put money into the British subjects , something when mentioned to JB he got very defensive about .

From some of the posts I've read on HS ole' JB gets very defensive about a few things! :D

I would guess that Hannants being one of the bigger players, were responsible for setting the £45 price tag - My guess would be that they got a lot of negative feed back and/or lack of pre sales and have taken steps accordingly. Still way too expensive.

From some of the posts I've read on HS ole' JB gets very defensive about a few things! :D

:) Used to too many people kissing his bottom :)

I would guess that Hannants being one of the bigger players, were responsible for setting the £45 price tag - My guess would be that they got a lot of negative feed back and/or lack of pre sales and have taken steps accordingly. Still way too expensive.

I think you are spot on . Definately not worth 40 quid let alone 45

:)

... I guess it's conceivable that someone might just have made a boo-boo? :shrug:

Get two for price of one at Hannants . You not got a mate who wants one as well ?

I work in IT - I've got no mates... ;)

Seriously - I don't know anyone else (in my local area) who does aircraft kits, they're mostly in to trains.....

Karl.