Lakenheath F15E

merlin101

Lovely Mudhen, I was nosing around one of these at Farnborough last year, lovely bit of kit.

You've done a lovely job Dave

:thumbsup2:

Nice build. Yet another in the stash I need to get round to. :thumbsup:

3 lovelys in one post... I think Skii's impressed :lol:

No its just the longest word that he knows he can spell correctly :P (Not to detract from the wonderful job by Dave, of course.)

Very nice - not a grey jet man myself but have been tempted because we drive past Lakenheath often - last Wednesday saw a few of these jobs parked up and I was curious as to how the finish varied - some were a distinctly lighter grey than others. By the way are they still F15s there or has there been an upgrade?

PS Poor old Skii - just because he is too far away to be pulled for a traffic offence!

Very nice - not a grey jet man myself but have been tempted because we drive past Lakenheath often - last Wednesday saw a few of these jobs parked up and I was curious as to how the finish varied - some were a distinctly lighter grey than others. By the way are they still F15s there or has there been an upgrade?

Still three squadrons of F15s and haven't they recently been joined by some HH60 rescure helicopters that relocated from Iceland? The lighter grey ones were probably the F15Cs (fighters) of the 493rd Fighter Squadron whilst the darker ones were the E models (bombers) operated by the 492nd and 494th Fighter Squadrons.

Edited by Richard E

Thanks everyone. I tried 'a wash' on it for the first time using a chalk wash. Wishing I'de done the underneath to now!

Agressor F16's next, so watch this space!!

Very nice Mudhen only saw that aircraft last week,I cant help but think Two-Bobs have made the four badges on the CFT the wrong size and colours though.

Nice one :thumbsup2:

Yeh I thought that when applying them!