Avro Lancaster PA474.

Fmk.6john

Evening all,

I was fortunate enough to get inside Avro Lancaster PA474 while airside at Blackpool Airport for the airshow weekend, I was invited inside while the crew were prepping her for flight so these pics are the best I have got, didn't want to push my luck!!, enjoy.....

On the 'pan' early morning....

pa474.jpg

pa474.jpg

Giving her snout a clean up.....

pa474polishingthenose.jpg

Fill er up!!....

pa474fillerup.jpg

Inside now, looking aft at the 'Tail end charlie'.....

pa474tailgun.jpg

Looking down the main fuselage from the rear spar back....

pa474lookingaft.jpg

In between the two spars, what can only be described as a crew rest bench, it doesn't fold flat though....

pa474crewrestarea.jpg

In front of the main spar, the WOP station....

pa474wirelessopsstation.jpg

Into the cockpit now with the nav station....

pa474navstation.jpg

Engine panel which is situated to the right of the pilots seat, on the starboard fuselage wall....

pa474cockpit01.jpg

The main instrument panel, its a stunning piece of engineering....

pa474cockpit.jpg

And finally, the bomb aimers blister....

pa474bombaimersblister.jpg

Hope you all enjoy, comments and critique are most welcome.

Regards,

JB.

Oi Lightning Boy,

You are one seriously jammy little bugger :analintruder: I take it you were out with Neil as you got airside then? Stonking photos JB and thanks for sharing them................. Hope ya dont mind, but "Right click........... Save" :wub:

Bexy

Hi there JB

Thanks for sharing those fantastics pics. I am doing a small dio based on the 1/32 scale lancaster that is on sale just now (125 part issues) not that I will be buying the 125 issues.

I wonder if you have any more pics in, outside and around the nose turret, bomb aimers area?

Hope to see more pics of this beauty. You are a jammy bu**er. I would love to get near one of these too.

Nige

I wonder if you have any more pics in, outside and around the nose turret, bomb aimers area?

I have a few of those areas taken in both PA474 and NX611 I'll start a new thread tomorrow night after I get back from Loughborough (Great Central Railway) If you like?