Accurate Minitures / Italeri B-25..

Hi Guys,

Finally finished the Accurate Minitures B-25D Mitchell What a bugger of a kit.. fought me all the way but it never was at the stage of garden hopping.. Will do another one as now i know where the pitfalls are.. mainly the engine naccells

If anyone is tempted to get this kit try and get the Accurate Miniture boxing as the Italeri boxing which this is has the nose totally warped.. Had to get the Pavla resin nose piece as you just cant use the Italeri boxing..

Items i used were..

Italeri kit, Quickboost gun barrels, True Detail Resin wheels, Eduard Zoom set , ( mainly interior.) ,Aeromaster decals and Xtracolour, Tamiya and Plasicoat paints.. Humbrol Matt Varnish.

Base was done using gravel from my works carpark , Eduard PSP planking..., Tamiya Oil drums (kindly donated by (VinceVeebee) ) and Woodland Scenics grass..

Cheers

Neil

P1000063.jpg

P1000041.jpg

P1000021.jpg

P1000015.jpg

P1000029.jpg

P1000056.jpg

P1000045.jpg

P1000057.jpg

P1000030.jpg

P1000023.jpg

P1000018.jpg

Lovely job Neil- very nice. Good build, great base, and it now means FB has to finish the Cat'.

BUT- This kit really pisses me off- because 1) as you point out, it's a lousy kit considering who made it, and 2) it is not quite right in a few areas, which is annoying becasue of who made it. The B-25 happens to be one of my favourite aircraft, and Acc Min didn't "quite" do it justice. :(

Edited by Mentalguru

Lovely job Neil- very nice. Good build, great base, and it now means FB has to finish the Cat'.

BUT- This kit really pisses me off- because 1) as you point out, it's a lousy kit considering who made it, and 2) it is not quite right in a few areas, which is annoying becasue of who made it. The B-25 happens to be one of my favourite aircraft, and Acc Min didn't "quite" do it justice. :(

I agree, Neil. what a wonderful job on a great looking B-25.........!

and,

Even with it's "warts" this kit is likely the best we will see in this scale, 1/48, for some time...however, I should probably build one before I'm too complementary. :banghead:

B-25 Cheers,

ggc

000_0025.jpg

Edited by CPNGROATS

I remember when this kit was imminent, there were tales (on RMS) of the tools being reworked repeatedly, with the kit being delayed again and again. Ultimately, it was a matter of get the thing to market, or go bankrupt trying to correct issues, while not making any money from selling it.

That's a damned nice build of it too, I'll be happy if mine comes close.

Cheers,

Bill.

Edited by Heraldcoupe

Well this explains why youve been quiet young Neil :yahoo: Shes a real beauty, and the chipping on the props & spinners is rather impressive :worthy:

Bexy