Ari's tobacco car

Shiloh

Well once the decals arrive from Rallysport (last time I'll use them) this will be the second build I'll be attempting.

006_369x276.jpg

One of the best looking Mk11's ever in my opinion, only surpassed by Ari's Black Beauty.

Cheers,

Sean

One of the best looking Mk11's ever in my opinion, only surpassed by Ari's Black Beauty.

Cheers,

Sean

Oooh, that's fighting talk Sean!! It's not a patch on Roger's Cossack cars, especially the first one with the white stripe....!!! :P:D

But then, a Mk2 looks good whatever colour you paint it! Looking forward to this build too!

Have you dealt with Rallysport before? I know Mike who runs it was always pretty slow when he traded as MRM. Brilliant to deal with at model shows, but certainly not the quickest mail order! He's showing a couple of sets of decals for Irish tarmac cars that I want to get hold of, so I'd better order in plenty of time before planning to build one of them!!

Keef

Yeah I've ordered the S12 and the Lancer WRC as well as several decal sets off him. The service has never been that great I must say but I keep going back as he does some stuff you can't get anywhere else. And yes the Essie looks good in any scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little start on this. The first problem being that none of the Rothmans cars had the stone guards on the rear arches so I had to remove those.

The start:

01092009024.jpg

Blending the chin in:

09092009029.jpg

Bye bye chip guards:

09092009032.jpg

So far:

09092009031.jpg

More to follow after the decals arrive from Domino. Rallysport are now firmly in my mistake books after non-delivery. First time I've ever had to lodge a Paypal claim :angrysoapbox.sml:

Edited by Shiloh

More to follow after the decals arrive from Domino. Rallysport are now firmly in my mistake books after non-delivery. First time I've ever had to lodge a Paypal claim :angrysoapbox.sml:

That's not good, is it?! Shame really, as I was about to order the Irish tarmac car decals he has listed. Think I'll spend the money on something else now!

Neat work on removing the stone guards - they're horrible to get off cleanly. Have you checked the rear arch size of the car you're doing? I'm halfway through doing Roger's 1976 RAC car & that had the smaller non-tarmac arches - modifying the kit to those is a real bi*ch!! Next time I need to model a car with the smaller arches I think I'll choose to ignore that it had them!! :whistle:

Keef

• 1 month later...

Well after Mike's hiring of non-union rodents and the subsequent revolt by the masses that closed the site for a couple of days I had to resort to filling my time playing Dirt 2 on the Xbox360. This has caused another rethink and the resurrection of an idea I've had for a few years. I now plan on building this beast:

mcrae300.jpg

This is the 330bhp monster that the legend Colin McRae had specially built by DJM. The car has full independent suspension all round so this is proving the first challenge. It is also a right hooker where as the RoG kit is LHD. Decals will also have to be home made. Pictures to follow on Monday.

Well after Mike's hiring of non-union rodents and the subsequent revolt by the masses that closed the site for a couple of days I had to resort to filling my time playing Dirt 2 on the Xbox360. This has caused another rethink and the resurrection of an idea I've had for a few years. I now plan on building this beast:

mcrae300.jpg

This is the 330bhp monster that the legend Colin McRae had specially built by DJM. The car has full independent suspension all round so this is proving the first challenge. It is also a right hooker where as the RoG kit is LHD. Decals will also have to be home made. Pictures to follow on Monday.

Really looking forward to seeing your decals for this one, it's one I've been collecting piccies of in the hope of doing in future, but the white on black decals would defeat me!

Keef