Novo and Matchbox Canberras 1/72

Hi guys these two are my contribution to the canberra group build. Iam sorry the Novo is half finished ,but not currently having a digital camera and living at work, meant that I got too far with this one before I could take any pics.Hope no one minds.

canb2.jpg

canb1.jpg

This one will be finished more or less straight from the box as B{1}8 XM268 darksea grey,dark green,with black underside,using Model Alliance decals.

The Matchbox one will be finished in Hemp ,Light aircraft grey asPR9 as XH168.

canbmatch.jpg.

The parts of this well known kit can be seen here ,Ihave yet to start it, and will try to provide a as I build it photo log.

Best wishes Charlie

:ditto:

Looking good so far Charlie :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Hi all had a total disaster with the Novo Canberra. I just started decalling with Model Alliance decals, having given the wholw thing a coat of Xtracrylix gloss varnish ,only to have the decal setting solution bleach the black underside white. It was Microscale solution by the way. Never had this happen before ,any advice anyone ? Fortunately I have another kit I can use. I let the varnish set 24 hours.

Best wishes

Charlie

Hi all had a total disaster with the Novo Canberra. I just started decalling with Model Alliance decals, having given the wholw thing a coat of Xtracrylix gloss varnish ,only to have the decal setting solution bleach the black underside white. It was Microscale solution by the way. Never had this happen before ,any advice anyone ? Fortunately I have another kit I can use. I let the varnish set 24 hours.

Best wishes

Charlie

Hi all also have hit a snag with the Matchbox kit as well .Part 15 the nose cone is missing after 30 years in the stash the box collapsed unfortunately.Unless I can obtain another fairly quickly I will substitute the Airfix 1/72 PR9.

Hope this is OK. Sorry for the chaos

Best wishes

Charlie

• 4 weeks later...
Might be a good idea to use Airfix as the tail planes on Matchbox are the wrong size............ too big, compare with airfix.

Ted

Hi all

As time is getting on Iam using another Frog Canberra to complete the build. The new one will be in overall black as VX185.The other has now been sprayed in Hemp and Iam just letting it totally harden. More pics to follow.

Best wishes Charlie

canb14-1.jpg

canb13.jpg

Edited by bexwh773

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all here is my finished Matchbox PR9 in Hemp with Model Alliance Decals. Other wise OOB. I think I over weathered it a bit with Tamyia Smoke.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I will post the underside pics tommorrow ,I also used some Mig powders.

Best wishes

Charlie

IMG_0008.jpg

This my other Frog Canberra as prototype VX185, with Modeldecals ,and simple black scheme for a quick deadline finish

IMG_0009.jpg

and this is the underside of my Matchbox PR9 slightly overweathered Im afraid

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

I used some Mig powders as well ,but my oil streaks etc came out a bit OTT.

Best wishes

Charlie

Edited by bexwh773