(Another) 1:48 Skyhawk

Ian

This is another 'save' started some six years back.... I think, anyhoos, dug it out today and as this is written it's first coat of grey is drying in the shed in the sunshine. Hasegawa 1:48 A-4C, will feature a little green lizzard running up its' flanks !

A4101.jpg

A4102.jpg

A4103.jpg

A4104.jpg

Easy to tell which is the newest piccie innit ?

Here's that lizard.... sort of

A4decals.jpg

Ian

Nice white there Ian! I have that sheet, got it for the Green Lizard of VA-95. Gotta love those Hasegawa Skyhawks. I have a C in progress at the moment, option 2 from the box, VA-153.(as well as three E/Fs!)

Joel

Looking good Ian,

watch out for those slat rails though, their a real sweetheart to scratch build if you break em! :crying:

Cheers

Richard

I'd given that some thought, in fact I may cut then anyway and have the slat slightly drooped (hydraulic bleed), with just a wee bit of red showing through.

Ian

Some progress today whilst the little 'un was in nursery !

I decided not to weather this one too much, just make it look a wee bit 'patchy' with different panels fading at different rates.... try-it, it's a neat way to 'weather' without too much, erm..... 'weathering'.... Ahem !

A4105a.jpg

Masked ready to go....

A4105b.jpg

A4105c.jpg

Not to bad, eh ? - it will look more 'patchy' later, as I brush paint some of the smaller access panels in a third tone of Light Gull Grey.

Ian

Edited by Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks very much for posting pics of your build. I'm glad that you resumed the kit, as it looks marvellous; I really like the effect in the gull grey you've created, and I'm keen to see how it turns out. I love the Skyhawk, and Richard's and your efforts are very inspiring. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Andrew.

I'd given that some thought, in fact I may cut then anyway and have the slat slightly drooped (hydraulic bleed), with just a wee bit of red showing through.

Ian

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :o:yikes:

Don't do that Ian, the slat rails are gravity effected, they run freely up and down on the rail depending on the airflow over them. They can however be locked in the up position, in which case there will be an RBF flag present as well as the locking device. I'm not sure what the locking device looks like from memory, I'm sure I've seen one somewhere, I'll av a look mate.

Cheers

Richard (patron saint of all the worlds Skyhawk models) :P

Could be worse though Ian, we could have told you after you changed the slats :evil_laugh: Seriously, though both of your Scooters are coming on really nicely. Almost makes me want to start one, hang on, best finish these three first! (VA-153 C, VA-192 E VMA-211 E(late))

Joel

Almost makes me want to start one, hang on, best finish these three first! (VA-153 C, VA-192 E VMA-211 E(late))

Joel

Wait till you see what I'm gonna do with my A-4M :devil:

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Angle

morning Sergeant Angle!

(should be in the film quotes thread really!)

Ian - lovely job. You really made the contrasting panels work. An idea i am definitely going to nick soon!

Al

Love the "White walls" on the nose wheel....... can't understand why there have never been more of these in private hands? Some US regulation no doubt.

Looking really nice Ian

You got it Gary Hole in one, you can only sell them to US Govt approved buyers, as NZ has now found out! :w***:

They would be cool seeing them at an airshow displaying again :speak_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Ian,

Your Skyhawk looks great. I'm impressed by the 'patch' effect and how well it's complemented by the wash as per the last photos. I noticed you saved painting the red until last..... you're a braver man than I. I look forward to seeing your finished Scooter.

Cheers,

Andrew