Jaguar kits

Col.

There is resin for it and if you want to see how good it can turn out check out the pics on this thread.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....guar&st=135

Stephen

Well that's it! I quit modelling after seeing that build!! Fantastic!!! I've got that conversion sitting on the shelf stuck to the the other half of the Airfix fuselage, trouble is the exquisite moulding on the Paragon stuff makes the rest of the Airfix kit look s**t. :(

Who's this Neil bloke then?

Yeh, and are you any closer to getting those u/c legs cast in resin yet? :analintruder:

put me down for two sets if you are!!!

Apparently Heller sold the moulds tools for their own Jaguar some years back and did their own mod to the Airfix tooling to be able to carry on having a Jag in their own range. There are a number of items in the Heller range that at first glance you'd think are Heller originals but are actually Airfix tooling - which Heller no longer have as the moulds have been removed from France.

Apparently Heller sold the moulds tools for their own Jaguar some years back and did their own mod to the Airfix tooling to be able to carry on having a Jag in their own range. There are a number of items in the Heller range that at first glance you'd think are Heller originals but are actually Airfix tooling - which Heller no longer have as the moulds have been removed from France.

Guess that would make commercial sense if the two companies each had tooling for similar kits.

Any idea where they would have gone Johnathan? I recall hearing SMER had a few WWII kits in their range that were supposed to be based on Heller tooling.

I loved the Airfix 1/48th build. Was pretty accurate as far as i know and looked pretty good OOB. Would be even better with some resin detail.

That does look good! Hmm, wonder what my LMS has in stock...?

There are a number of items in the Heller range that at first glance you'd think are Heller originals but are actually Airfix tooling - which Heller no longer have as the moulds have been removed from France.

Spitfire I and Me109E for example. Does this explain how Heller were able to raise funds for new tools when Airfix couldn't ?

Spitfire I and Me109E for example.

P-40E also. In the 90s Heller reboxed the Airfix 190D, Typhoon and 109G.

One assumes that the Hellcat, Airacobra, F4U-1 Corsair, P-51D, Fw 190A8, Me 163, Fouga Magister, Mirage F.1C are their own toolings?

(sorry if this thread has gone off on a tangent again)

Does this explain how Heller were able to raise funds for new tools when Airfix couldn't ?

:whistle:

With regard to the Jaguar, the Idea kit was a copy of the Hasegawa kit, it could also be found at various times in Ay/Minicraft and Hobbycraft boxes.

Don't think I've ever seen the Academy/Minicraft boxing.

I must admit a preference for the Hasegawa kit as Italeri ones I have are poorly moulded.

Its a harder grade of plastic for starters, the Italeri one is a little softer.

Everyone know ther story of the "pink" Italeri T.2 kit?

At least one Mirage F1 boxing from Heller is the Airfix kit but I'm not sure which one. I also have a strong suspicion that the current Heller F4U is the Airfix kit.

So where are the Heller moulds? Some are with SMER and some are in Mexico, but I haven't seen a reboxed Heller Jaguar anywhere.

John

There is a shot on Airliners.net that shows that aircraft taking off in late evening sunshone that makes the airframe look pink. IItaleri obviously use the same research tools as the rest of us!

Ah not quite the same research tools as the rest of us - they didn't contact Coltishall for confirmation!

Plus they still got the decals wrong anyway.

While we were discussing the merits and fate of some of the older moulds I took a look in my LMS and came home with the new Revell kit. They also had the Italeri T2 in stock and it's plain to see they are basically the same kit with a new forward fuselage sprue.

I'll post up some sprue shots later this evening but there's some nice crisp detail on the parts and certainly a good attempt at the 'pit.

The Revell 1/72 Jaguar GR.1 is a polybagged Italeri kit and probably the better choice.

Realised that as I looked at the content of both boxes in the shop, can't quite work out why the single-seater is £1 more expensive and in a box twice the size though? :hmmm:

Hi col, Is this the Revell kit with the Desert storm Jag coming at you on the front? If so then could you please tell me what stores it includes, in particular do you get a pair of drop tanks?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi col, Is this the Revell kit with the Desert storm Jag coming at you on the front? If so then could you please tell me what stores it includes, in particular do you get a pair of drop tanks?

Thanks,

Steve.

Yes, that's the one Steve. Box art is a similar pose to the Hasegawa kit but just in the Gulf War scheme.

The stores load includes 4 CBU-87, 2 tanks, 2 AIM-9L, a PHIMAT & a recce pod and the AN/ALQ-101.

Here's some sprue shots,

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Everyone know ther story of the "pink" Italeri T.2 kit?

Can't remember what site is was from, but I recall a fairly novice modeller building the Italeri T2 and modelling exactly as the instruction sheet - PINK! Poor lad also then decided to add the RWR to the tail and a full weapons fit. Looked nice as a Wif though

Realised that as I looked at the content of both boxes in the shop, can't quite work out why the single-seater is £1 more expensive and in a box twice the size though? :hmmm:

because Revell have to make their bit of profit - almost every Revell boxing of an Italeri kit is £1-2 more expaensive

I've had a search around, but no joy. Anyone know of a cockpit set for the Hasegawa T2?

Lots of sets for the single seater, can't find nowt for the two seater. I could buy a couple of EB cockpit sets (assuming front and rear positions are the same...) but all the sets I can find include a ton of airframe stuff. If all else fails I guess I can get a pair of bang seats from Neomega and leave it at that.