Italian Fieseler Storch

Hi all,

My fourth Storch, this time from the 1/35 Tristar kit. The kit goes together really well and dedicated scratchbuilders could go to work on it with relish. I also chose the Italian Air Force North African desert scheme for a change. The only bits I added were the wonderful Radu Brinzan seat belts. Decided to go for the desert cammo scheme and because it is 1/35 there are numerous pieces of armour that can keep it company in that scale. I chose a Tamiya Kubelwagen which is a beautiful little kit.

Once again many apologies for the poor photography.

Peter

P1000673.jpg

P1000677.jpg

P1000685.jpg

P1000680.jpg

P1000687.jpg

P1000689.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Erwin: Re the Italian cammo. The Tristar kit give you the Italian decals and the very small three view diagram shows the cammo pattern. All I did was photocopy the drawing enlarging it to 1/32 and then carefully cut out the shapes just for one wing, using that as a mask and turning it over for the other wing. (It is not an exact science!) This same mask was also used in a random way on the fuselage and tailplane. I had, BTW, marked with a tick the 'holes' which were to be sprayed using one of the two colours.

There is probably a much easier way - freehand? but I am not that adept with the airbrush. Let me know how you get on.

Peter

That’s a lovely model beautifully built & painted.

Please don’t take this as a criticism but it seams to me that you’ve got in a bit of a tangle with the decals.

The axes on the wing “Fasces” should be facing the wing tip & be facing forward, ie the long “axe handle” pointing towards the leading edge of the wing.

Here are a couple of pictures that I hope illustrate what I’m trying to say.

Macci.jpg

c200jb_006.jpg

I hope you take this in the spirit I intended & don’t think I’m rivet counting or picking holes in what I & many others think is a fantastic build.

:cheers:

Dazie.

Hi Dazie,

"Ah! I was wondering who was going to be the first to spot that one Pike"

Oops! This is what it's all about - we all learn something. Thank you for taking the trouble to point this out Dazie.

In my defence, M'Lud, and because of the subtle design of the markings, I did check and double check with the Tristar reference drawings when applying same, and the decals as shown on my model are exactly as shown on their drawings. They are all pointing in the correct direction but they are not 'handed' ie different to port and starboard. I have just (even at this late hour) been up into the loft to retrieve the box and the drawings. The Tristar drawings and the decals are incorrect.

In view of the evidence, I do plead 'Guilty', M'Lud, to not checking any other form of reference as closely as I should. FYI, and clutching at straws to try and prove you wrong, I have just checked another reference and (sob!) they are 'handed' as shown on your model! Damnation!!

Send the prisoner down.

Peter

Thanks for that Dazie.

This has just come in from our Court reporter!

The Court of Modelling Appeal has examined the evidence from the appellant:

P1000695.jpg

P1000694.jpg

The Court has decided that in view of the extenuating circumstances, the prisoner shall be released under supervision.

Seriously, Dazie, thanks for spotting a glaring mistake by Tristar. I will be emailing them later today!

Peter :cheers:

Peter.

Well I’m blowed would you look at that.

It just goes to show even the “experts” can make mistakes sometimes. :blush:

Total absolution Sir. :thumbsup2:

The court rules that defendant is acquitted with his name, honour & modelling credentials intact. :thumbsup:

I think an unconditional discharge is in order. :D

Case closed.

Court dismissed.

Lets go down the Pub.

:beer:

Dazie.

Peter.

Well I’m blowed would you look at that.

It just goes to show even the “experts” can make mistakes sometimes. :blush:

Total absolution Sir. :thumbsup2:

The court rules that defendant is acquitted with his name, honour & modelling credentials intact. :thumbsup:

I think an unconditional discharge is in order. :D

Case closed.

Court dismissed.

Lets go down the Pub.

:beer:

Dazie.

I'll drink to that! : :cheers:

Email sent to Tristar in Hong Kong. Ity will be interesting to see if I get a reply. I will keep all posted!

Peter