1/48 MDD F-4J Phantom II Showtime 100

@ Phantom: I am a member of IPMS Netherlands, but not very active in it. I am not even sure if I know those names you mentioned, but that could also be me have had a sniff too much CA glue...

@ Ingo: Well, the BB pit is as usual. You have to dryfit a lot, and sand both the floor as well as the ceiling of the nose gear wheel well paperthin, only then will it fit. As for the CE intakes.. their are dreadful. They don't fit that good and leave a big gap (probably because of the resin shrinking). And for the intern part with the fans on it, you probably have to seperate the two fans. DRYFIT! A LOT! Thereafter offcourse the pleasant sanding... Oh, and the Aires exhausts.. make sure that you remove a big inner part of the phantom bottom plate, otherwise they will not fit by approx. one 1 cm!

@ T-Tango: Well, placing the decals wasn't that bad, a couple of days I guess. But figuring out exactly where they had to go, and to correct some of them was more time consuming.

@ Filler: offcourse. That my small exhaust striping here is hardly visible anymore...

And I would like to thank all for all the nice comments.

Regards,

Sid

Edited by Sid de Koning

Sid,

Excellent build. Its hard to find words for a build like yours...but, HOLY :shit:, pretty much sums it up...

Makes me want to go and start an F-4 kit. :hypnotised:

Cheers, Ian

One of the most impressives f-4's that i ever seen! The excellent photos show a very accurate build and paint, with an outstanding result! Congratulations for a so well made model. For me, one of the most beautifuls jobs in the forum! :thumbsup:

Regards. TRUSKY1965.

Edited by TRUSKY1965