Shuttlewaffe!

Bennygman

Took the girlfriend and a picnic down to old Warden for the day. Once we'd recovered from the shock of £20 each to get in it was quite a good afternoon.

First of all the German connection...

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

And some welcome visitors...

IMG_9893.jpg

Peter Teischmann (sp?) gave his Spitfire a right old seeing to! The first time he dived in for a low fast pass I thought "what a great way to end the display", by the third or fourth time I was completely lost for words - absolutely fantastic.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

An inspired formation ...

IMG_0050.jpg

And finally a few from the home team...

IMG_9904.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

As has been said elsewhere, few things beat Old Warden in the sunshine, especially now they've increased the size of the viewing 'lawn' by parking the cars further back - really good idea that and congrats to whoever thought of it. Oh, and the draught bitter went down very well on a hot day!

Steve.

very nice pics, with OW being down the road from me I always like to go a couple of times a year

whats you camera set up (guessing not cheap). I'm looking to upgrade our v cheap digi camera as all we get at air shows is a small black dot in the sky which is not overly rewarding.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys ! Glad to bring you a taste of the day.

Dean; the Spit's my favorite too - just relieved to get a pic' that did some justice to his display.

Gundy: Could be, I was about thirty feet back from the fence and had the hind starting up directly in front of me.

GCN: PM coming.

Nev; Yeah, just a little bit ;) what with Waddo Saturday and RIAT Sunday, I think I sort of earned some sunshine this time around.

Thanks for looking,

Steve.