Snipersmudge's build

Guest snipersmudge

Brilliant!!! Excellent job Pete, that looks absolutely stunning!! :thumbsup:

Glad to see you got the body on the chassis OK!

I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Stalled for a little while as I managed to burn through the clear coat on the roof when polishing it out (I'd somehow managed to get a bit of paintbrush hair under the clear coat. No idea how!!) So i had to re-clear the roof & am waiting for it to dry.

I really do like your Strat though - think I'll have to build the one I have in that scheme next year now!

Keef

Edit: I've just looked at your build in the completed gallery. First car model??!! I give up!!!!

Edited by keefr22

Guest snipersmudge
Wow that's perfect Pete, apart from....

It's too clean :D

Ha Ha! too clean it's gonna stay! after all the work getting a decent gloss finish I just can't face making it dirty! thanks guys for your kind remarks, really enjoyed some elements of the build(painting) and lothed others but that's modelling for you. learnt a lot too

pete

Ha Ha! too clean it's gonna stay! after all the work getting a decent gloss finish I just can't face making it dirty! thanks guys for your kind remarks, really enjoyed some elements of the build(painting) and lothed others but that's modelling for you. learnt a lot too

pete

Quite right too - they're always clean at the start!!

Keef

Ding Dong indeed Smudge, Superb effort, and first past the line to boot!, One of my favourite rally cars, I displayed my fully weathered Stratos at automodellismo this year (and promptly dropped it unloading it from the car when I got home).

Great build, well done

regards Ian D

• 4 weeks later...