1/72 Italeri C-130

Good luck....

My ext progect is a C-130J...but i didn't found the correct engine...

Try Desmojen, she makes a corrected j model engine set. I have it and it looks the goods.

Very reasonable prices too. not sure but I think that it may have been cast by Neil@Paragon.

Try Desmojen, she makes a corrected j model engine set. I have it and it looks the goods.

Very reasonable prices too. not sure but I think that it may have been cast by Neil@Paragon.

Hi

I've got one Italeri 1/72 C-130J kit in the basement. Are the engines so bad ?

Anyway I am looking for USMC decals too.

David :

What will be the scheme of your C-130?

Patrick

Nice work so far David, I have a couple of these to do and you are right about the cocpit detail disappearing.

Hi

David :

Patrick

Patrick,

While the Italeri engines are loosly based on the C-130J they leave a lot to be desired, the nacelle is too rounded and the intake scoop on the lower nacelle is too small. Also the prop hubs are undersized. Jens engines are excellent!

I have also been looking for USMC decals, Vince Madux used to do a sheet but it is long OOP and his business is now shut down. Looks like a custom sheet is required to do the job :(

:cheers:

Hi

David :

Patrick

It will be a C-130 of the Canadian airforce, so will be a dark grey.

David

Hi

David :

Patrick

2 years ago i visit a C-130J of Italian air force... and i make a picture of engine...i think is completily different the original from the italeri.. first problem (it's simple to see) italeri engine it's to shoort

The cocpit remain..a for C-130H e not for C-130J..there is no problem beacause when you close the model cocpit disapear.. :closedeyes:

david..nice work for cocpit :frantic:

That's my abiding memory of the old Airfix Herk too... BIG horrible gaps along the top & bottom of the fuselage. Of course, I didn't fill seams back then :blush:

Nice one. i built this kit 6 years ago. i was only... 14 years old. my packaging was different though. it was my first 'big one' and one of my first camo's. all by hand brush. Alot of sanding to do. even though i didnt sand it because i was still young! Dont bother doing up the cockpit cos nearly non will show. the glass is also very thick. do take some time detailing the cargo bay ;) We get canadian c130's often in malta. that exact colour. i did the RAF one..

Edited by AdriaN (MLT)

• 1 month later...