Qatar Emiri Air Force C-17 Decals

Jennings Heilig

Here are the two subjects on the new F-Dcal (www.f-dcal.fr) Qatar Emiri Air Force decal. These are traditional silkscreen printed decals in 1/144 for the Revell kit. You'll be able to do both a/c from the sheet. They're being printed now, and should be available via the F-Dcal website within a couple of weeks or so. Artwork by yours truly..

J

QatarC-17s.jpg

Never knew they flew the C 17. :shrug:

Wouldn't be my first choice if I had one in the stash. I do like the grey and white camouflage though...

Edited by NAKAJIMA15

Never knew they flew the C 17. :shrug:

Wouldn't be my first choice if I had one in the stash. I do like the grey and white camouflage though...

Qatar signed a deal on 23rd July 2008 for two C-17's for delivery in 2009 with an option for two further examples.

Also RAF/RN Light Aircraft Grey (which is the same color as USN Light Gull Gray).

Really? Gull grey has always looked a mite less brown to me.

A thought, purely out of interest: why does a country that you could spit across with the wind behind you need a strategic airlift capability?

money- probably as they are the most emergent arab state................

I don't doubt that they can afford as many as they want. I'm just puzzled about what they want to carry, and to where ...

I don't doubt that they can afford as many as they want. I'm just puzzled about what they want to carry, and to where ...

They have probably been ordered to carry all of the money and gold reserves to a safe place if the country is ever invaded!!!

Tony O

I certaintly do learn things here, just a few minutes ago I learnt the Hungarians also purchased this plane. :analintruder:

See my other post. Not purchased by Hungary, purchased by NATO like the NATO AWACS. Marked as Hungarian and based in Hungary, but under multinational NATO (plus Sweden & Finland) control.

J

Qatar is a very nice place. But WWWAAAAYYYY too hot. When I was there, the humidity was so bad my glasses would fog up.

Thank God for air conditioning :speak_cool:

The Sheraton Hotel in Doha is really something to see....

Cheers, Ian

Apparently Qatar does a good bit of humanitarian work, so the "military" example will likely be used for that kind of thing. The quasi-airline scheme will likely serve the strategic transport needs of the Qatari Royal Family. Necessities like transporting their polo ponies, their fleet of SUVs and limos, their helicopters, their boats, etc. You know, the stuff we can't live without when we go on extended holiday on the Riviera.

:)

J