AH-64 Apache Longbow, JGSDF

Well, since this months SAMI is now out, featuring this model, I'm now happy to post pics of it, after its stunning (to me anyway) 3rd place in 1/48 Aircraft at the Coventry show :o I made a bit of a hash of the paintjob by airbrushing it freehand, so the black is a little overdone. I also broke off the whip arial in two stages at Coventry :doh:

Picture60963.jpg

final2.jpg

final3.jpg

final4.jpg

final5.jpg

final6.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the pics - due to its large size, awkward shape, and dark paintjob, its a right beggar to take pics off :doh:

The award was well deserved. I was at Cov and Nev has done a lovely job on it.

Nice one Nev!

:ditto:

I spent most of the day at the Coventry show trying to surreptitiously drop something heavy on it to give myself more of a chance in the competition...being an Apache, I assumed it'd just shrug it off, though!

Well done again mate, cracking job, especially on the freehand camo.

Cheers,

Dean

Luckily Tamiya recently released a series of JGSDF Camo. XF-72 to XF-74 from memory. Brown, Green and Olive Drab. Black is black, cockpit & rotor blades are NATO black.

Heyup Nev!

AAH ! this must be the beast you were telling me about when you dropped in earlier this year

awsome job mate its the japanese sdf camos that make things look ultra futuristic !

beautiful work sir !

:coolio:

Now that looks nice!

I never really wanted to build an Apache as they were monotone, never thought of the JGSDF!

Makes me want one. I would not worry about the paint job it looks fine to me.

Julien