Blowing the Final Whistle

Well that's all folks!

The Spanish Civil War GB has come to an end.

But unlike Franco we won't be rounding up and slamming them in a concentration camp or worse!

oo no, not quite! :lol:

As I understand it the threads won't get locked down.

Therefore any incompleted builds will be able to carry on and be posted in the gallery when finished.

furthermore as dicussed in the GB threads, many of us have kits generously given by Blimp. In my view it would be a travesty if they remained stash bound.

I would like people to post their future 'Blimp builds' in the Gallery too. assuming of course they carry markings aplicable to the SCW.

Otherwise you WILL be getting a visit from the Genralissimo's henchmen! :fight:

I hope everyone is in agreement with this. (the bit about future Blimp builds, not the henchmen)

The poll will be set up soon and a draw will take place for those builds in the gallery already.

Later completions will be ineligable.

So all i have to do is thank Blimp not only for his kindess but also his help in answering our questions. Many thanks to everyone who took part, and in such a great spirit.

Have loved every minute of the GB, which was a joy. The gallery looks super with some types that rarely get seen

many thanks for your participation and cameraderie

best wishes

Paul

Edited by walrus

Yup, a well run GB indeed, congratulations to Paul and Paul for ensuring it has run so swimmingly :clap2:

It's been fun taking part and watching others build and showcase some pretty unusual types that we rarely see modelled round these parts. I've also learned a thing or two about the conflict, which is a welcomed bonus :D

i'd like to thank everyone for their intrest in this GB of a rather offbeat era, and hope you all enjoyed it as much as me . it's certainly got me back to to the bench and reminded me what moggelling is all about again , CHEERS ALL !

This has been an excellent GB IMHO, both to observe and participate (yes, I will finish the He 70, honest!). We really should thank Sgt Squarehead for initially suggesting to me that it would be a suitable GB theme. Despite my misgiving that this would likely be something of a 'minority' GB you guys have exceeded expectations with your builds, input and enthusiasm.

peebeep

Ditto all of the above. Special thanks to blimp for some fabulous donations (and some mental scratch-building) and well done to the moderators for your encouragement and support. :goodjob:

Indeed, a very cool GB. The history helped elevate it from a mere collection of themes, and the subjects many and varied!

Thanks for running it so smooth Paul and thanks Blimp for the generosity and encouragement.

Cheers everyone

Peebeep - did it again! Very remiss of me to have left you out - so an apology is due. Put it down to being late and innate stoopidity

but i forgot to thank you for getting the whole thing set up and rolling so smoothly.

many thanks and very sorry for the ommission.

Cheers for running this GB guys! :clap2:

Huge thanks to Blimp for the kits and the decals.....The BA-64M will be appearing in WIP(Armour) shortly, at present it's being re-Sovietised with some stripy camo. The decals will be making an appearance on several other SCW vehicles in due course. :D

All the best

Andy S.

PS - Is there any chance we could leave the threads open, so that I can add more builds to the theme as and when.....I've already bought a couple more SCW armour kits and they would be much more 'in context' here than in a random WIP thread. :hmmm:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead