Welcome to the Gulf War GB

Bazza

Now, I have always wanted to do a BM Group build, but I just get things together too slowly, what with one thing and another....but if the good folks at the Gulf War GB will allow it, could my TELIC Tornado make a 'guest appearance' when it is done? I realise that it is well out of the time frame, so I would be happy just to put it in 'unofficially'. That is, IF it is finished by Aug '10!! :deadhorse:

James

Why not join the GB James

with a year to run there is a good chance you will get it finished any ways

and the camerarderie may provide some incentive*

There are a few slow builders in the GB, myself the slowest of the sloths

come on in the water's lovely! :D

*although this lot could equally put you off modelling for life :P

Why not join the GB James

with a year to run there is a good chance you will get it finished any ways

and the camerarderie may provide some incentive*

There are a few slow builders in the GB, myself the slowest of the sloths

come on in the water's lovely! :D

*although this lot could equally put you off modelling for life :P

:ditto: Yes why don't you join James as you can count me in on that list of the worlds slowest builders. Also, I'm not sure I follow why an Op Telic Tornado would be outside of the GB timeframe?

Cheers

factor in the postage and you are about upto a tenner Mark

sounds good value

be nice to see some sprue shots in your build thread ;)

here's the sprue shots

100_1013.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1015.jpg

100_1016.jpg

100_1017.jpg

not starting this one yet but will soon

Hey,Walrus,you forgot about ME,Bazza,"King,of the Slow-Coaches" !! :evil_laugh:

God,i AM a sloooooow one. :rolleyes:

(Remember,the SCW-job ??)

Here's hoping the 365 days,allowed,proves enough time,eh ??

Cheerio,Bazza.

Thanks for the pics Mark

looks okay for the money :D

hope it goes together well

not heard of LEE before now they are popping up all over

TK Max have a 1/72 Hawkeye of theirs on sale apparently

look forward to see the project start :thumbsup:

How could i forget Bazza still no pics :wicked:

you'd better have started the Gulf War build already mate hehe

don't forget there's a Red Star to do as well! :yikes::frantic:

Edited by walrus

:ditto: Yes why don't you join James as you can count me in on that list of the worlds slowest builders. Also, I'm not sure I follow why an Op Telic Tornado would be outside of the GB timeframe?

Cheers

Hi Darson,

Erm, I meant out of the build timeframe allowed for the GB - I started this model in May 08, giving me a slightly unfair advantage over the other guys doing the GB! I would love to join in though in an 'unofficial' capacity!

Cheers

James

Hi James

If the build has not got very far then it may still be okay to enter mate :D

How far have you got with it?

post a pic or two please ;)

Mark

forgot to say - will move your sprue shots to your build thread when you start one if that is okay

thanks again for posting

Hmmm... I may have to jump aboard this GB! I've got too many irons in the fire at the moment but things should be clearing a bit in the next couple of months, and I've got a Dragon 1/35 M1A1 AIM kit that I've been itching to try. I do hardly any targets but this one looks like fun. Since this runs for a year, I might actually get it finished!

ok, in a moment of madness i decided to clean the loft out yesterday afternoon, and found a 1/72 revell B-52 that i bought some years ago and forgot about. now i remember living in gloucester at the out break of Gulf War 2 and remember seeing the B-52 leaving fairford on a bombing run on bagdad!!!, now later on in the group build i may attempt this kit, but im unsure of any modifications ill need to make of of any aftermarket declas for the gulf, can anybody help?

i must be mad!

thanks mark

i fancy making it but, my planned list is getting silly now its a good job its ayear long

1) M60A1

2)challanger

3)jaguar

4)jaguar

5)tornado

6)b-52

but i need more info on the b-52

Hi Walrus,

It's on pretty far, got started in May 08! :deadhorse:

P7240527.jpg

Most of the time was spent on the detail areas, wheel bays, etc. I should be getting to paiting soon. This was what I meant, it wouldn't really be fair to formally enter it, but if I could just literally show it along with the other models that would be nice!

Cheers

James

Hi James

thanks for posting the pic

see what you mean

i think you have gone past the 20% point :lol:

What you could do is post a WIP thread in the Aircraft sub Forum

When finished pop some pics in the Inspirational Thread in the Gulf War GB

Start another build for the GB ;)

hope that helps

Hi Mark

don't have a lot ofn the B-52 but i can find out which units were operating in Desert Storm if that helps

Hi Mark

don't have a lot ofn the B-52 but i can find out which units were operating in Desert Storm if that helps

would appriciate that, i have a feeling kit kit needs a whole new nose and tail and engines, so it may not be worth it with this kit?, but ill do some more digging

Hi Mark

B-52G's were deployed for Desert Storm

806th Bombardment Wing (Provisional) RAF Fairford

57-6498 (416th BW) "Ace in the Hole" 11 missions

58-0168 (379th BW) 2 missions

58-0182 (379th BW) "What's up Doc?" 5 missions

58-0204 (379th BW) "Special Delivery" 6 missions

Bomb Mission Markings for this wing were painted in red

806th BW(P) were operational for one month leaving Fairford on 9th March 1991

B-52G's carried 9 GP M117 bombs on each of it's underwing stores + 27 in the bomb bay.

HTH at least it narrows down the sub type for any mods needed.

if you want info on any of the other units please let me know :)

Any room for 1 more?

Fancy blowing the dust off my 1/48 Hase F-4G, not sure what markings I'm going to do yet, still on the look out for the Airdoc Gulf War Warriors decal sheet, rare as rocking horse sh$t!

Don't expect any activity till October, still beavering away at my PR.9 for the Canberra GB. :wacko:

Rich

Hi Mark

B-52G's were deployed for Desert Storm

806th Bombardment Wing (Provisional) RAF Fairford

57-6498 (416th BW) "Ace in the Hole" 11 missions

58-0168 (379th BW) 2 missions

58-0182 (379th BW) "What's up Doc?" 5 missions

58-0204 (379th BW) "Special Delivery" 6 missions

Bomb Mission Markings for this wing were painted in red

806th BW(P) were operational for one month leaving Fairford on 9th March 1991

B-52G's carried 9 GP M117 bombs on each of it's underwing stores + 27 in the bomb bay.

HTH at least it narrows down the sub type for any mods needed.

if you want info on any of the other units please let me know :)

thanks that gives me a place to start looking

cheers!

OK - Can't prove this one isn't started yet since:-

1. I haven't bought it yet,

& 2. I haven't opened the relevant account to post pictures yet,....

....however, I'm planning on a 1\350 USS Missouri on the gunline, with a couple of RAF Jaguars zipping along the side for an ADEX.

For years I have been taping the news. Whether that might sound a little tragic I am willing to accept, but right now it's somewhat academic, since right now I'm transferring forty or so three hour vids to hard disk, of the full period of the 1990-91 Gulf War. I've got the first news reports of the August invasion, six months worth of Newsnight and six o'clock, and nine o'clock news, News at Ten... you name it. If anyone remembers it, I've got the BBC News Report of the Redcap by name of Andy Consiglio who starred prominently in a news report where he had adopted a Gerboa, which he'd named 'Pedro' and kept it in a top pocket. A news report in which the Cavalry reach the Kuwait City Zoo and give the animals a much-needed feed, and whole library of other stuff. Gimmie a few months and then I'll be in a position to copy it down to DVD discs. Watch this space....

Righty-ho.....This is MY cunning plan...... :winkgrin::whistle::coolio::mental::hmmm:

i've ordered the Airfix,1/76(ex-J.B models) Tactical Airfield Refueller,to go with the "Pink" Jaguar*,i've already done...

and reserved,(prior to payment),a Tamiya,1/35 Challenger I Mk3,Gulf War version.

(going to be a Challenging Kit-build,needed the Challenge,so Wifey Challenged me to get it !!)"That's ENOUGH Challenges !!" :lol:

Cheerio,Bazza.

*Sadly,i did ALSO have,a Tornado GR1,Buccaneer S-1,SU-25 "Frogfoot"(Iraqi),F-117A,& a 1/76 Challenger,previously,but they all bit the dust !!

Edited by Bazza