Rallychef's Build

Rallychef

This is a little corker Ian.

Wasn’t the design influenced by Colin Chapman’s Lotus Elan ?

IIRC the motor was a 1500 four banger pushing out about 135hp, quite impressive performance for its day.

Good luck with the build Ian.

:cheers:

well we're off and running, start with the usual box/sprue shots, I also found a build report/kit review in Tamyai Model Mag (sept 05)

IMG_0001.jpg

All still in factory sealed bags, a bit of research then hopefully make a start before the weekend

Regards Ian D

Chassis nearly finished, just the exhaust and sumpguards to fit, before I make a start on the interior

Picture1-3.png

and a start on the bodyshell, not much in the way of mould lines to clean up, a quick blast of primer shows a few imperfections to be sanded

Picture2-2.png

coming together quite well, a lovely little kit, (so far)

More tomorrow hopefully

Regards Ian D

Nice start Ian!

Something I've always wondered about this kit - does it come with a rollcage ( I think I can maybe see a rear cage in your pics, but not sure), or is it just a dressed up version of their previous road car kit?

Keef

Hi Keef, yes the kit does have a rollcage, (it's not fitted yet), and according to the article in TNNI Sept 05, the kit is very simmilar to the road car kit (as I suppose the real cars where to the naked eye), but they did change the rims, dash layout, rollcage, metalic transfer sheets for badging and a superb Cartograph decal sheet. The proof shall be in the finished project.

regards Ian D

A little more progress. Kit instructions said roll bar should be flat black, but ref pics show it as red, I went with the ref pics, also gives a better contrast to the dull, spartan interior. Seats not yet fitted as I am having my first bash at photo etch harness, wish me luck

IMG_0021.jpg

we might get the first batch of paint thrown at the bodyshell later today

more later

regards Ian D

That is good Ian,

How come you have got this far & I havn't even started yet-well other than checking the instructions, may get started this week but we are going away end of next week but I'll see what I can do.

Looking forward to it

Steve

many thanks for your kind comments folks

That is good Ian,

How come you have got this far & I havn't even started yet

Steve

I thought I had better get my finger out as the last model I finished was for your birthday group build :fraidnot: I just didn't seem to be able to get going on anything :deadhorse: . This past 6 weeks or so I have got going again :thumbsup: and have 3 kits in a fairly advanced stage (airfix E type 1/32, Italeri Volvo truck1/24 & this Alpine) enjoying getting back into the swing of things again

Regards Ian D

• 2 weeks later...

We have a little garage in Appleby which is like walking back into the set of Heartbeat, I use it for my primer (Raf only charges £1.50/can), when I was in yesterday he asked what I was building, when I explaned he shot out back and returned with a rusty tin of paint, a leftover from a restoration job he did a few years ago.

When i got home I did a test on some scrap plastic, then gave the Apline a blast, :thumbsup: very pleased with the result.

Alpine1.png

I have also foung a goldmine of automotive paint for future projects

More hopefully tomorrow

regards Ian D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, firstly thanks keef for the mini masterclass on seatbelt harness, that will be the project for today, secondly, sorry for my absence over the past few weeks, Paulines continuing ill health means I have beeen busy in other areas, thanks again to keef for keeping an eye on things. We have decided to move to a smaller house (bungalow) to make things easier for Pauline's mobility I made a start on sorting out the garage, come across this................forgot I had it

IMG_0044.jpg

collected while doing safety radio in grizedale (I think) ealy 90's........spot prize (rally hat) for the first person to identify the plate

Lets see if I can get some work done today

Regards Ian D

Firstly hope your impending move goes OK, and give Pauline our best wishes.

Great paint job on your bodywork :speak_cool:

Not going to give the answer, but the car went for auction in 2007 for about £70K. Plate might be worth a few bob.

Edited by Andy Mullen

Another clue; 1992 car driven by a sadly missed, very fast, crazy Scotsman.....

I second the best wishes on Pauline getting better soon, & your impending move. Something the missus & I still hope to do as well in the next couple of years. Not looking forward to sorting out the 'stash' though!!

Keef

PS - I think that plate should be framed & given pride of place on a wall in your new bungalow Ian.......!!

Edited by keefr22