Red and white diamond SE5a

dylan the rabbit

I've either made it up, but if not, definately forgot where I saw it, but I believe there was once an SE5a with a red and white diamond livery.

Who flew it, and Rowan, do you make any decals?

If not, does one have any tips on how to mask off a diamond pattern over the whole kit?

Cheers,

Nick

No, but thank you!

I found where it was.. August's Aeroplane.. There's an article on the filming of Darling Lili, and there's an image of a red and white SE5a flown by Rock Hudson's character in the film.

Red and white diamonds all over it. It looks brilliant.

Will try to get a scan of it posted later.

No, but thank you!

I found where it was.. August's Aeroplane.. There's an article on the filming of Darling Lili, and there's an image of a red and white SE5a flown by Rock Hudson's character in the film.

Red and white diamonds all over it. It looks brilliant.

Will try to get a scan of it posted later.

Hello Nick,

There were a few bizarely marked SE5as with some of the training squadrons - usually Instructor's aircraft or Inspector's though I can't recall a red/white checked one - Bristol Fighters and Camels almost certainly....

If you were going to do the Darling Lili one, you'd better find a Stampe kit - or was that a Tiger Moth?

Just putting the finishing drawings together for 72nd and 48th SE5a sheets covering Hisso and Viper engined ones - seventeen options - plus I'll be doing a 32nd set for the Viper-engined Roden kit. Should be out in August.